PDA

View Full Version : New tank for me, and my FW friends

banditpowdercoat
01-06-2008, 06:17 AM
Well, I know this is a reef site mainly, and I am seeming to take forever getting my SW tank up, but the short of it is I dont want to rush the SW tank. Wnat to make sure that everything is rigth before I put rock or anyhting in it. So, with my need to buy things(I shop more than my wife) I finally upgraded our FW tank. Had a recient couple of deaths in the old tank, and a nagging algae problem, so it was time to start anew.
its a 29g unit. Some mods will happen. Dont want the filter on the back, moved to end, so I will have to make a new hood form some Black plexi. The shelf its on is 3 2x4's on edge spanning the opening, sitting on cribbing. Allready installed my moonlights :D I want the filter on the end, so I guess I am going to have to remake the hood a bit LOL
http://banditpowdercoat.com/Powdergallery/nfpicturepro/albums/userpics/10002/Dsc00078%20%282%29.jpg

OOPS, as you can see, I bonked my head on the kitchen light a couple times LOL

daddy01
01-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Hi,
If I may ask what is the width of your SW tank? I have a similar setup that I am trying to accomplish only mine sits on a modified stand with refugium sump underneath.
I have a CPR overlflow feeding my sump and small pump returning which works fine.
Now I am going to acknowledge my nighmare..aquascaping..sin the tank is visible from both sides the rocks and livestock are centred in the tank, which doesn't leave much room on either side for sand dwelling livestock, and securing the live rock so as it is not knocked over by hermit crabs and other cleaning crew is another problem I had.
I am just trying to give you something to think about beforehand and giving you a chance to aquascape accordingly.
Jim

banditpowdercoat
01-06-2008, 04:04 PM
This tank is 12"w. But, its not SW, its Sw. My SW is a 30" radius corner tank. Will be lots of room for rock/swimming lanes