PDA

View Full Version : Were To Buy Diamond Bit (Edmonton)

Clown
01-05-2008, 02:28 AM
Just wondering were i could get a diamond bit in edmonton (Drilling Glass)

Gools
01-05-2008, 03:44 AM
Don't know if your in a hurry. but I just ordered one of ebay, for a 1.5" bulkhead. It should be here next week, I'll let you know if it's any good. It only cost me $12 including shipping

Clown
01-05-2008, 04:38 AM
Not Really in a hurry just find things can take quite a bit of time to get here,
off ebay,
The last time i ordered something it took 4 months.
Dont even have the tank yet but i would like to be ready for when i get it.
P.S
I Dont know if these bits are proper but i just cut a clean 2'' hole in a extra peace of glass with
A old Ceranic Tile Hole Saw bit,
Not sure if the 2'' is good but can you find The Bulkhead pieces to fit it (Dont know if thats what there called but its the plumbing pieces To connect the hole with the 3/8'' hole On each side of the tank)

cprowler
01-05-2008, 04:50 AM
I just bought one on ebay, it took around 2 weeks to get here from Hong Kong and worked great.

Sebae again
01-05-2008, 05:51 AM
Checkout Mail Order Pet Supplies from Ontario. They are under the plumbing parts heading.

Clown
01-05-2008, 06:04 AM
I just bought one on ebay, it took around 2 weeks to get here from Hong Kong and worked great.
See i would like to buy one from hong kong (Most of the bits on ebay are from there)
but my dad will not let me he says that they will make you pay through the roof on tax's and other things
If your in canada how much did it cost you in total?

fencer
01-05-2008, 06:09 AM
Still way cheaper than rona. I have tried them for 38mm holes...works just fine. Mine came out to about 12 bucks each

skylord
01-05-2008, 09:01 AM
I bought 3 of the most common sizes for our needs from Pet Supplies...$51 including taxes and shipping.

Scott

cprowler
01-05-2008, 12:00 PM
See i would like to buy one from hong kong (Most of the bits on ebay are from there)
but my dad will not let me he says that they will make you pay through the roof on tax's and other things
If your in canada how much did it cost you in total?

I got a 75mm for $9 + $6 shipping = $15 total. No extras like tax or duties or anything. That's to Vancouver Canada, the thread says Edmonton but your profile says USA. I have no idea what is involved in shipping to the states if that is indeed where you are.

Doug
01-05-2008, 01:53 PM
I got a 75mm for $9 + $6 shipping = $15 total. No extras like tax or duties or anything. That's to Vancouver Canada, the thread says Edmonton but your profile says USA. I have no idea what is involved in shipping to the states if that is indeed where you are.

I was wondering the same. Why would someone in the USA be looking for a bit in Edmonton. There are several places there to by but I read on the US boards where they are getting them at the same place you guys are.

Gools
01-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Even if you have to pay duty. It's only on around 15 bucks so it would only be a few dollars

Clown
01-05-2008, 04:18 PM
I was wondering the same. Why would someone in the USA be looking for a bit in Edmonton. There are several places there to by but I read on the US boards where they are getting them at the same place you guys are.
Not from the states just havnt changed it yet...