PDA

View Full Version : The resilience of GSP

digital-audiophile
01-04-2008, 02:32 AM
So I bought my 60G tank from Kari back in August. He had a bunch of GSP that had grown on the back and overflow of the tank. After it had dried out for about a week I scraped as much of the GSP carpet and Coraline off as I could. The tank sat empty in my garage until the second week of December when I finally brought it inside and put some water in it. So this evening I am trying to catch some fish out of it (I moved my livestock in there while I was switching out my big tank) and what did I notice??? Small patches of purple GSP carpet and litle green polyps.

Now how the hell can this stuff survive ~4 months void of water in a cold unheated garage?

michika
01-04-2008, 02:48 AM
I am amazed. I can't even keep that stuff alive under normal conditions. Photos!

digital-audiophile
01-04-2008, 03:08 AM
For some reason I have had issues with photobucket the last little bit.. I will upload pictures and it says they were uploaded but they do not show up in my photobucket folders.. odd.. Anyhow.. I put this up on flikr so I hope by the link you can view it.

The picture is crappy as the lights are out and I used the flash to try to capture it, but you can see how in the little parts I failed to scrape off the mat has turned purple and the green polyps are just visible.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22492047@N06/2165143600/in/photostream/

Snappy
01-04-2008, 03:13 AM
Greg,
Either that stuff is like a weed or you have a green thumb.:wink:

fishytime
01-04-2008, 04:28 AM
Like xenia...the other cockroach of the salty world!

kari
11-22-2008, 12:36 AM
You should see my fluorescent lawn after pressure washing that stuff off rocks. A 1/2 year later I bet the new owners of the house have the coolest lawn in the neighbourhood.

How's the tank looking?