PDA

View Full Version : I really need to find a home for this cat

digital-audiophile
12-31-2007, 01:21 PM
Well.. yesterday was a really bad day. One of our cats bit my infant (8month) old daughter. I got clawed up pretty bad trying to catch him. He was brought to the SPCA as we could just not keep an animal in our house that attacked our daughter. We still have the second cat Sebastian and I have been trying to find him a home. My Sisters' Boyfriends family said on boxing day they were going to take him and stalled every day until yesterday when they said they changed their minds and would not take him.

That has put my wife and I in a real bind. We just cannot trust this cat around our daughter and he needs to leave. I do not want to take him to the SPCA but I think that is what is going to have to happen unless anyone has any suggestions.

If you can give him a home, please let me know, if you know anyone with a farm or an acreage that could use a another cat this guy is a dumpster cat and would do just fine out there.

Please any help is appreciated.

I love animals but I love my daughter more.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w319/digital-audiophile/Sebastian.jpg

Myka
12-31-2007, 02:25 PM
It wasn't this cat that bit your daughter though was it?

digital-audiophile
12-31-2007, 03:08 PM
No it wasn't. The other cat Xavier that bit Isabelle was sent to the SPCA yesterday.

Delphinus
12-31-2007, 10:02 PM
Maybe try the Meow Foundation, I think they're the ones who find foster homes for cats up for adoption.

http://www.meowfoundation.com/bins/home.asp

Good luck. Sorry to hear it's not working out ...

digital-audiophile
12-31-2007, 10:39 PM
I think we will call Meow aftetr the holidays. One of our cats is from there.

We had 5 cats, found a home for one a couple months back, had the biting incident the other day and disposed of that cat. Out of the remaining three two (including the one from meow) are your model cat. They hide and sleep all day. The last cat the one we need to find a home for paces around our baby and has started marking around the house becuase of her.

Myka
01-01-2008, 12:56 AM
Thanks for trying to find a home for your cat...the SPCAs are absolutely OVERRUN with unwanted pets this time of year from people taking in pets they received as Christmas gifts that they don't want. :(