PDA

View Full Version : CBB - Goofy but Lovable

AJ_77
02-05-2003, 07:52 PM
My Copperbanded is not usually shy at ALL - just playing games with me. Hide 'n' seek maybe?? Look how he's almost cross-eyed. :lol:

http://members.shaw.ca/reefs/AJ_77/33gal/images/copperbanded_shy.jpg

I like this fish!

Delphinus
02-05-2003, 08:32 PM
And I like this photograph of this fish!

Wow! 8)

BC_Grl
02-06-2003, 02:29 AM
AJ, What a cool pic. I can tell you like this fish. He's always in your photos.
I love my blenny- named "him", Denver. Do you name yours?

EmilyB
02-06-2003, 02:40 AM
Oh, he'd probably never admit it Jeanna... :lol:

Alan, I can REALLY understand the attachment. I put Cooper in the 155g afterall, as I needed the skimmer off the 45g, and want to shut that tank down.

He has promptly become Coop the Poop.....yes, I know it is degenerating..... :roll: :wink:

I really hate to admit this........but I do believe he has moved into top position over Spike..... :oops:

AJ_77
02-06-2003, 03:27 AM
I can never think up a name for ANY of them. They seem so complete and perfect and wild - not like a domesticated pet - that none of my lame names stick. Maybe there is a whole other class of name that I have not yet explored for fish...

Or maybe it's a chick thing.. :wink:

:lol:

Delphinus
02-06-2003, 04:38 AM
Oh no! I ... uh ... I don't name my fish at all then. Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking with it. :oops:

Actually there are only two fish I refer to by name (oops I mean my "wife" refers to two by name). One is Half-Pint-O-Tang, who was named by ... um ... our own EmilyB (the "Em"issary? :mrgreen: ) and Rygel, the lawnmower blenny. Fans of the show Farscape will understand the name.

Farscape is a really off the wall show. Put out by Jim Henson Studios. Rygel is a royal slug, who eats a lot (and has helium flatulence, but we don't need to get into that. :) )

Check it out: www.farscape.com

BC_Grl
02-06-2003, 04:45 AM
AJ, you may be right (omg- a man is right??!! hehe. Sorry, couldn't resist)- it could be a chick thing...

My husband thinks that naming an animal that is not termed by him a pet (like a cat or dog) is silly. We just got a regal tang, and I was thinking of the name Horatio. Andy asked me how could I ever think of a name like that? :-p I said the tang looks Greek, then got me thinking of ancient Greece/Rome and I came up with that name. I have no idea of the sex of the 2 fish, so they are all males to me.

Now it has to be approved by my 5yr old son. But he loves anything I do. :lol:

Old Guy
02-06-2003, 01:27 PM
I have an ornatus leopard wrasse that was named after my son. Goes to bed early and gets up late. :lol:

AJ_77
02-06-2003, 09:58 PM
I really hate to admit this........but I do believe he has moved into top position over Spike..... :oops:
Just noticed this comment. :shock:
That must be SOME b-fly. :wink:

Quinn
02-09-2003, 08:12 PM
We just got a regal tang, and I was thinking of the name Horatio. Andy asked me how could I ever think of a name like that? :-p I said the tang looks Greek, then got me thinking of ancient Greece/Rome and I came up with that name. I have no idea of the sex of the 2 fish, so they are all males to me.

horatio is a character in romeo and juliet as i recall.