PDA

View Full Version : anemone not looking good

marlincoral
12-30-2007, 05:44 PM
We got a rose tip anemone yesterday he is about 6" fully open. we got him home last night and put him in our tank we heard to reduce flow and dim the lights to help him settle in.He wedged himself between the rocks and glass.I got up this morning he looked good I turned the other power heads back on at 7:30 the halides came on at 9:00 and by 10:00 he looked like crap.he was all shrivled up and releasing small strings we pulled him off the back and he is still moving and responding but looks like it is on its last leg.please help

CLINT
12-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Mine have done that when they first go in and periodically after that.Do you have a pic?That might help but IMO moving it would only make it worse if there was a problem.Best to just give him time to adjustClint

DanG
12-30-2007, 06:31 PM
when they shrivel up and open up like that and release the stringy stuff, it's just their way of pooping. It's normal.

Der_Iron_Chef
12-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Also, physically pulling them off the rock/glass and moving them is very stressful and potentially dangerous for them (if you happen to tear their pedal disc). Just leave it be and it'll either settle and become happy or....not.

marlincoral
12-30-2007, 11:19 PM
ok so we left him all day and he looks great. i think he has settled down now. He is out and stuck down.