PDA

View Full Version : Pentagon Tanks

Old Guy
02-05-2003, 06:58 PM
I'm seriously considering getting seastar to make me a 4'x4'x30" pentagon RR. John at J&L says they make such a thing and is 300+? gals.

I see American tank manufacturers only offer up to 3'x3'(on their sites anyways).

My question is- would you trust it?

I only seen small versions of this tank design at Big Al's and thought a larger version would be perfect for a corner of my living room using all available space.

My chiro has a 60gal hex from seastar that is 17 years old with no problems but I think 300+ gals of weight on a hex joint might be problems.

Any opinions? I would prefer glass but may be force to do acrylic.

Jeff

Quinn
02-05-2003, 07:57 PM
when jon, kate and i were at inter-american, there were some pretty big hexagons there. i'd give them a call, they can do a lot of stuff that isn't listed on their site (assuming you meant inter-american when you said american).

Old Guy
02-05-2003, 10:41 PM
Actually I meant places like Perfecto, Oceanic etc. I would wonder if the weight of tank would make it a killer on shipping cost. Seastar is quite a bit closer.

Quinn
02-05-2003, 10:44 PM
could always talk to inter-american. both myself and jon have tanks under construction there right now. i'll be posting a report once i get the tank.