PDA

View Full Version : Aquascaping thoughts (w/pics)

jasond
12-30-2007, 01:09 AM
Wondering what you guys&gals think of my aquascaping? I like the left side, but not too keen on the right as it kind of looks like just a big pile of rock. The fish like it as there are lots of spots to swim in and out of, just doesnt look real nice. (pls ignore cyano, still going through the pest algae phase!)

Any thoughts/suggestions/opinions welcomed, I am not too good at this!

Thanks,

Jason

Myka
12-30-2007, 01:57 AM
I quite like it just the way it is. Nice start on your tank. :)

Black Phantom
12-30-2007, 02:12 AM
Nope, won't do, more sand, more rock, more fish, more water :lol:

Just kidding, looks fine but as any reefer can attest you will be happy for a couple of months and the next thing you know you will be purchasing more "stuff". I think I did a total redo of my tank at least 4 or 5 times.
Have fun - looks great

Jason McK
12-30-2007, 02:33 AM
ya looks great. Trust me you can pull it down 20 times you will still have aspects you are not 100% happy with. Once you get corals growing you'll feel better.

J

Slipstream
12-30-2007, 02:38 AM
Yah, i also like it the way it is. :mrgreen:

michika
12-30-2007, 02:39 AM
I like it. How are you keeping everything so clean looking? Do you clean your back glass?

Skimmerking
12-30-2007, 04:12 AM
think you should put more rock in :lol: Seriously its your tank do it the way you like it. Who cares what other peole thinks you are the one that has to look at it day to day. I would work on it until you are a happy little reefer..

mike

marie
12-30-2007, 04:53 AM
I personally would put more rock in the right side to make it a bit higher (more mountain like) then your archway. But like Mike says your the one who has to look at it :mrgreen:

jasond
12-30-2007, 06:13 AM
I like it. How are you keeping everything so clean looking? Do you clean your back glass?

Catherine, I take the picture far enough back and make it kind of blury with my not so good photo skills :biggrin: No really, I did clean the back last week, but it is still fairly new, about a month, so no coraline yet.

Black Phantom, agreed, but water most importantly! I am in a condo though, so this will be it until I am in a house.

Thanks for all the compliments! Seems like it comes with the hobby, never being totally satisfied, so if I change it just a little...and a little more...and it doesnt stop.

Once it is more filled in with frags I am sure it will help, I am just in the "gather" phase.

Anyways, thanks for everyone's input!

fishoholic
12-30-2007, 02:57 PM
I like it. I think once the corals start to grow more and you get more in, you'll start to like it more too. I know that's what happened with me. :biggrin:

albert_dao
12-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Where did you get that sexy tank man???

jasond
12-30-2007, 08:26 PM
ebay :mrgreen: