PDA

View Full Version : aqua controller

fiorano
12-29-2007, 04:49 PM
for christmas i got the neptune aqua controller junior and i was noticing that the PH probe isn't very steady the numbers jump between 8.14 and 8.02 and i calibrated it and everything. but it seems to jump up higher when i add water to the sump where the electrode is. but it ussually sits at 8.02 i was just wondering how accurate this thing is and if it is very accurate i guess i gotta bring the ph up hahaha. any help would be appreciated.

fiorano
12-29-2007, 05:19 PM
and now for no reason this morning it says the ph is 8.11 ... maybe its just crazy like the rest of my tank:razz:

JOEL
12-30-2007, 02:15 AM
Don't tell me you are having problems with it. I just ordered one and don't have it yet.

Jason McK
12-30-2007, 02:31 AM
Make sure you have no power cords running over or under (touching) the probe wire or the controller. I know with the pinpoint PH monitor isolating the probe wire is very important. The whole unit is suseptable to stray voltage interferance

J

fiorano
12-30-2007, 06:08 AM
o ok thanks ill try that . and i dont think its a major problem its just that its a little bit confusing at first so far its been an awesome little unit :)

fiorano
12-30-2007, 06:11 AM
o ok thanks ill try that . and i dont think its a major problem its just that its a little bit confusing at first so far its been an awesome little unit :) and is it ok if the electrode is in a sump near a skimmer pump? and if not where is the ideal place for it?

Chaloupa
12-30-2007, 07:02 AM
tagging along as I just got one for Christmas and am a bit intimidated! AND if I can learn by what others have learned GREAT!

Bryan
12-30-2007, 09:44 AM
Is the aquacontroller connected to the PC via the serial cable. If so and erratic PH behaviour is encountered, Neptune recommends a ground loop isolator be used.

fiorano
12-30-2007, 04:11 PM
its not connected to a pc at all hahaha its just plugged with the electrodes i just got all the other lights i needed so im gonna program all the lights into it soon and play around with it just to see what it can all do. im pretty excited to have this thing up and running it looks really cool