PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Phosban Reactor

likwid
12-28-2007, 02:42 PM
Looking at getting one of these for my hair algae infested 10g tank. Located in Lethbridge, so will have to ship. Thanks.

Black Phantom
12-28-2007, 04:45 PM
Are you sure it's excess phosphates? Is your tank new? How are your lights and how much are you feeding? How old is your RO membrane?
Not to get picky but there are a ton of reasons for hair algae. If the answer is no to all of the other problems you can order one from J&L Aquatics out of Vancouver. Great prices
www.jlaquatics.com

likwid
12-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Are you sure it's excess phosphates? Is your tank new? How are your lights and how much are you feeding? How old is your RO membrane?
Not to get picky but there are a ton of reasons for hair algae. If the answer is no to all of the other problems you can order one from J&L Aquatics out of Vancouver. Great prices
www.jlaquatics.com

These have all been addressed in another post of mine. Looking to buy a used one, I dont even know if I have the room for one in my tank, so I dont want to spend $80+ for one.

Black Phantom
12-29-2007, 09:02 PM
Your tank is a bit small. Why not just put some Rowaphos in a small filter bag and hang it in your tank. Keep it in an area of flow and it should be fine. Or if you use a canister filter you can put the mesh bag in there.

Myka
12-30-2007, 01:06 AM
Your tank is a bit small. Why not just put some Rowaphos in a small filter bag and hang it in your tank. Keep it in an area of flow and it should be fine. Or if you use a canister filter you can put the mesh bag in there.

Hanging it in your tank won't do the trick. On my 33g I put it in a bag in an AquaClear 20 ($18) that I have turned way down. It works fairly well.

likwid
12-30-2007, 01:13 AM
Can I put a bag in the exit chamber in my AquaC Remora skimmer?

Black Phantom
12-30-2007, 03:01 AM
Yes you can, the product will work just about anywhere. Even "hanging in your aquarium". More flow = better results.

Pan
12-30-2007, 03:21 AM
Yes you can, the product will work just about anywhere. Even "hanging in your aquarium". More flow = better results.

I've seen quite a few people put it in the filter socks on there overflow pipes inside the sump, seems to do the trick.

Myka
12-30-2007, 05:30 AM

Having direct flow through the media works TONNES better than indirect flow around the media. You don't really want more than 200-300 gph going through the media though...

Black Phantom
12-30-2007, 02:42 PM
We sort of got off topic here as far as buy and sell goes but have you tried a good clean up crew. Those little critters can work wonders. Sometimes the natural methods are the best solutions to a problem