PDA

View Full Version : What is THE REEF NETWORK

Jason McK
12-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Hi all,
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year.

I thought I'd take this opportunity to inform some of you of what the Reef Network is all about.

The Reef Network is currently a group of people (most from Canreef) that enjoy getting together outside Canreef, to share experiences, trade in hardware and frags, meet in social settings and use our group to gain access to events like Vancouver Aquarium tours and I'm hoping guest speakers in the distant future.
There is no membership or fees to take part in our little group. Also there is no mandatory attendance.
Currently there is only a few of us that help plan events and organize get togethers.
We are currently undergoing some changes and would like to express our intent that anyone can request a activity and help to plan some form of reef related meeting.
If interested in getting something going please feel free to PM me or e-mail thereefnetwork@gmail.com

All upcoming events and information can be found at http://reefnetwork.blogspot.com/

As event come up we will continue to post them here on Canreef.

Thanks
Jason

Tom R
01-01-2008, 04:43 PM
REMINDER !!!!!

The Next Event

Escape to the Reef - Meet & Greet
When.........Sun, Jan 20, 5:00pm – 7:30pm
Where........The Reef
.................4172 Main Street, Vancouver, BC

As we enter Vancouver's next 6 months of rain and darkness, the Reef Network invites you to join us at The Reef... Escape to the Caribbean inspired 'The Reef Restaurant' at 4172 Main Street for a few hours of reef geek chat, relaxation, and delicious food. The decor, straight out of an episode of Survivor, will make you feel like you are on vacation.

cprowler
01-03-2008, 05:13 AM
New announcement on the blog - http://reefnetwork.blogspot.com/

Tom R
01-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Congrats to Jason

You can count on my help and support

Tom R

Jason McK
01-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Thanks Tom,

I didn't know Ivy was going to make an anoucement.

The Big point I would like to make to all, Is that The Reef Network is an organization that is open to all. Everyone can suggest an event or activity, and The Reef Network will use all it's resources to help make it a success. Even if you've never taken part in any other event you're more than welcom to suggest an event.

Thanks all and I hope with the help of many we can take The Reef Network to the next level

Jason

cprowler
01-03-2008, 04:35 PM
I'll help out as much as I can. I have not been to a event before and am out of town quite a bit, but will help out any way I can.

I'm quite interested in the Vancouver Aquarium Tour, any word on that?

Delphinus
01-03-2008, 05:13 PM
I miss Ivy's posts ... is she still reefing? Tell her to stop being a stranger if you see her! :)

Jason McK
01-03-2008, 05:58 PM
I know she still has water in a couple of glass boxes, but not sure how things are. She has a new 60G she has been very exited about getting running. I also have a couple of frags of her's.

yes I miss her and Willow's posts. Hopfully they will be back and this is just a break

J