PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having trouble accessing the J & L site?

Veng68
12-26-2007, 10:54 PM
I have not been able to access it since Christmas Eve.

I cleared my history & Cookies....... no luck.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

Pan
12-26-2007, 11:23 PM
I have had no trouble, try a google search than click on the link.

Veng68
12-26-2007, 11:25 PM
just tried it....... that didn't work.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

marie
12-26-2007, 11:25 PM
I haven't had problems accessing the site but i did have problems placing an order. I ended up emailing the order in, hopefully they get it

Pan
12-26-2007, 11:31 PM
just tried it....... that didn't work.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

Try a couple of browsers, maybe ping or finger jl's website

ILIKECOUGARS
12-26-2007, 11:36 PM
had no trouble accessing or ordering

Veng68
12-27-2007, 12:31 AM

http://just-ping.com/index.php?vh=jlaquatics.com&s=ping%21

I used this site to ping and am getting between 10-70% packet lose on each of the 25 sites.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

Clown
12-27-2007, 12:34 AM
I haven't had problems accessing the site but i did have problems placing an order. I ended up emailing the order in, hopefully they get it.

Veng68
12-27-2007, 12:35 AM

I have tried IE 7 and FF2.

I'll try my nieces MacBook next since she is visiting.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

Veng68
12-27-2007, 12:47 AM
It works on my nieces Macbook using both FF and Safari.

Cheers,
Vic[veng68]

Gools
12-27-2007, 01:24 AM
I'm having problems. Everytime I try to access my cart gives me an error reading.

marie
12-27-2007, 01:31 AM
I'm having problems. Everytime I try to access my cart gives me an error reading.

Thats what was happening to me. I spent an hour trying and then gave up and emailed the order

S.D
12-27-2007, 01:33 AM
I haven't had any problems except for earlier this morning at one point around 8:02am when I tried to access it to take a peek at the sales...I couldn't access it if my life depended on it at that time, however, I had been on it earlier this morning around 7:30am without any problems and then a few times throughout the day without problems...I just chalked the 8:02am problem up to a large volume of people probably accessing their site to check out what sort of sales they had going on.

We decided to drive in and ended up picking up a lot of goodies!

I just checked it again this evening and I had no problem pulling it up.

I hope you were able to access sometime throughout the day without difficulties.

All the best,
S.D

Pan
12-27-2007, 02:19 AM
Could be site overloaded, i forgot to ask were you having problems with any other sites? There are a couple of virii and malware programs that can casue this to happen. Could be overload in your area on internet in general. I read someplace that the internet slows by as much as 30-50 percent on christmas day and then 10-15 percent on new yearsdue to high traffic. I have been able to access J&L all day though i did not try to play an order with them. Though i do want the calendar.

Veng68
12-27-2007, 02:55 AM
Could be site overloaded, i forgot to ask were you having problems with any other sites? There are a couple of virii and malware programs that can casue this to happen. Could be overload in your area on internet in general. I read someplace that the internet slows by as much as 30-50 percent on christmas day and then 10-15 percent on new yearsdue to high traffic. I have been able to access J&L all day though i did not try to play an order with them. Though i do want the calendar.

No problems with any other sites. Kind of annoying.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

Gools
12-27-2007, 03:10 AM
even more fustrating when they won't answer the phone

Tangman
12-27-2007, 03:17 AM
I haven't had any problems except for earlier this morning at one point around 8:02am when I tried to access it to take a peek at the sales...I couldn't access it if my life depended on it at that time, however, I had been on it earlier this morning around 7:30am without any problems and then a few times throughout the day without problems...I just chalked the 8:02am problem up to a large volume of people probably accessing their site to check out what sort of sales they had going on.

We decided to drive in and ended up picking up a lot of goodies!

I just checked it again this evening and I had no problem pulling it up.

I hope you were able to access sometime throughout the day without difficulties.

All the best,
S.D
At 8:02 J&L was just reloading their site with the boxing day prices( checked at about 7:55 and there was no sale prices listed yet ), after that it was just volume, volume and more volume, I bet all of us where trying to see what was on sale and for how much ( LOL)
I just placed a order on line at 8:00 pm and every thing went smoothly

Tangman
12-27-2007, 03:25 AM
even more frustrating when they won't answer the phone
It clearly said online that no phone orders would be taken and FYI, if you ever have been to their boxing day sale, you would know that even with ALL their staff working, they have no time to answer the phone, It's bad enough just waiting to pay or get any salesperson to help you, just because of the volume of customers.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !

Gools
12-27-2007, 04:08 AM
Yah I saw the no phone orders, but I thought they would answer for questions. Oh well I dropped them an email so hopefully they get back to me soon

LostMind
12-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Err, the site is working fine...

There was some changes made, but nothing that should have any impact on you being able to see it. On the day they released the boxing day pricing, there was some minor downtime (under 10 mins) but immediately after, I placed an order through them online without an issue myself.

The packet loss on that just ping site is actually due to a firewall jl is running. The site is icmp rate limited.

You can check it out yourself by opening your start menu, clicking run, enter "cmd" (remove the quotes). You should have a dos window now. Type in ping jlaquatics.com and hit enter. You could also type in nslookup jlaquatics.com and post the result. I bet somehow you are seeing the wrong IP's or something for the site.

Veng68
12-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Thanks ........... I will check it when I get home.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

Veng68
12-28-2007, 01:54 AM
Ok..... here is what I get when I pinged and nslookuped

C:\Documents and Settings\user>ping jlaquatics.com

Pinging jlaquatics.com [64.69.94.116] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 64.69.94.116:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Server: cachednsbc02.nssi.telus.com
Address: ***.**.***.*** (not sure if this is my IP so I blocked it out).

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: jlaquatics.com
Address: 64.69.94.116

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

ponokareefer
01-18-2008, 01:31 AM
Hi Vic,

I have been having the same problem on my home computer and ran the same tests as you did, with the exact same results. Have you figured out how to access the site? I can still access it from my work computer, but for whatever reason, I can't access it from my home computer.

wetcoast
01-18-2008, 02:49 AM
Most websites now a days (or at least the hosting providers) do not respond to ICMP PING requests as it allows would be attackers to know if the IP address is actually live or not. The thinking is actually quite flawed are far more detailed ways to check if a host is alive or not if someone wanted to poke and prod. For what its worth - it is coming up just fine for me through Shaw in Surrey.

Veng68
01-18-2008, 03:44 AM
I never figured it out....... can't access it from home ....... but I can at work which is a pain in the butt since I would not mind checking out the website on the weekends, so that I may go in and get stuff.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

Bryan
01-18-2008, 05:41 AM
I assume you have rebooted your computer. Had the same problem, for some reason a reboot solved the issue.

Veng68
01-18-2008, 07:59 AM
I assume you have rebooted your computer. Had the same problem, for some reason a reboot solved the issue.

I've had this problem since christmas before the boxing day sale.

I've shut down my computer many times since then.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

Veng68
02-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Finally I checked to see if I could access the J&L site........... I finally got through.

I could not access it since Christmas before the boxing day sale.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

ponokareefer
02-03-2008, 12:22 AM
I still haven't been able to access it from my home computer. I seemed to have checked everything, with no luck.

Veng68
02-03-2008, 12:41 AM
I still haven't been able to access it from my home computer. I seemed to have checked everything, with no luck.

Don't know what to say.......... I just checked every once in a while and today was my lucky day.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]