PDA

View Full Version : Clown won't share anymore?

bassman
12-26-2007, 02:40 PM
I purchased a pair of clowns about a month ago. I also bought a BTA at the same time.

Until yesterday the clowns seemed to like eachother, always hanging out together and sharing the BTA.

Now the regular perc is biting at the true perc every time he comes near the BTA. Any ideas why this would happen after a month?

Nothing has changed in the tank, aside from the addition of a 6 line wrasse a couple of days ago. However due to my lack of intelligence he perished yesterday while I was cleaning my over flow box. I forgot to put a cover on my power head while I had the over flow box apart and he got sucked in :-(
Ever feel like throwing up? I hate when my stupidity costs a little critter his life.

Thanks

Myka
12-26-2007, 04:10 PM
They are doing this because they are not the same species. You can't call them a "pair" when they are not the same species. They might as well be a Maroon Clown with a Saddleback. You should trade one in so you have two of the same species.

bassman
12-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Yes I am aware they are not a "matched pair" per say, I meant it as in 2 of something. I only had the opportunity to purchase one of each when I bought them.

They got along fine for weeks, do you really think this is why?

I have had same species pairs do the same thing.

Kabong
12-26-2007, 07:07 PM
True and false's will mate up quite often.
they're possibly just sorting out the dominancy issues so they can choose sex's.
What your watching for is the aggressive one to charge in and attack, while the passive one sorta roles to his side and has what looks like a seizure.