PDA

View Full Version : What the ... ?

Delphinus
02-05-2002, 12:12 PM
First reefs.org, now RC .... what's up with all these online mags all of a sudden??? images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

reefburnaby
02-05-2002, 12:34 PM
Hi,

Great Advertising Machine.

- Victor.

Troy F
02-05-2002, 09:47 PM
Tony, what is the problem? Personally, I'm thrilled. Instead of the (mostly) crap we get in the printed mags, we have most of the top people writing for (to us) free. Bring it!

Delphinus
02-05-2002, 10:33 PM
Uh ... chill out guys, I never said there was a problem. I'm totally with you, bring it on!!! I'm just surprised at the timing of both ventures, that's all, wouldn't have guessed there be TWO launched so close to each other. I guess the "rolleyes" wasn't the best icon, I just thought, hmmm, seems they're going to be stealing each others thunder by being so close to each other...

Sheesh, a little eager to flame are we? Are we in reefs.org all a sudden????????
images/smiles/icon_razz.gif images/smiles/icon_razz.gif images/smiles/icon_razz.gif images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Troy F
02-05-2002, 11:10 PM
Tony, I wasn't meaning to flame at all. I guess I should've put a bunch of smiley faces in there. "What's the problem?" should have been intoned with a happy, upbeat kind of feeling that I was unable to convey through this medium images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif .

On the topic of two online mags, there may be some overlap but I look forward to some great product reviews and species articles. I wish we'd have seen Scott Michael's name on one of the lists but beggars can't be choosers.

SuperFudge
02-05-2002, 11:18 PM
What is it?

Isnt it just a thread that you can have emailed to you?

Marc.

Troy F
02-05-2002, 11:32 PM
Marc, they're complet on-line mags in the mold of Aquarium Frontiers. They are layed out just like a print magazine.

Delphinus
02-06-2002, 12:16 AM
Troy: no need to explain, I was just being a smart aleck..

The only thing that made me raise an eyebrow was the timing. It's almost like their competing against each other (I guess they are) but it's not like we have to choose one or the other, we can read both..

Seriously, I am happy there are the two mags. I'm thrilled to see one put forward by RC, although the reefs.org effort is excellent as well.

Superfudge: check out:
Reefkeeping, put out by reefcentral.com (http://www.reefkeeping.com/)

and:
Advanced Aquarist, put out by reefs.org (http://www.advancedaquarist.com/)

George
02-06-2002, 04:51 AM
The more, the merrier. Can't get enough of those expert opinions.

George

Canadian
02-06-2002, 08:43 PM
Tony,

Both Reefs.org and ReefCentral were working on online magazines independently of one another. James (Reefs.org) came online and told everyone that they were working on the magazine while John (ReefCentral) had intended to keep it quiet until the magazine was ready to be released, but after James publicized the impending release of their magazine John also announced that they'd be releasing one. Reefs.org's magazine just happened to be released faster than ReefCentral's -- neither of them really knew that the other was going to be doing a magazine until they had both started to create them...just a weird coincidence.

SuperFudge
02-06-2002, 10:35 PM
Cool,Thanks guys!

Troy you get my PM?

Marc.