PDA

View Full Version : Lighting

dsaundry
12-24-2007, 02:57 PM
With all the different types of lighting out there I have two questions. First of all I am currently running a 48" 250wmh with 4-65w pc. This is on a 72g bowfront reef set-up. Question number 1- how long should you keep the halides and the pc on during the day and is this set up ok for a 72g bowfront?
I am also going to be taking down my 90g freshwater tank and converting it to a marine predator tank. Question 2- My setup will be with a 48'pc and fiji-sand as substrate. Is a 48" pc adequate?
Happy Holidays:biggrin:

Myka
12-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Doesn't the 48" MH/PC hang over the ends where the tank gets narrower? Is this light good enough? You would be able to keep pretty much whatever you want with that lighting (albeit your water parameters are just as important). Usually 12 hours for the PCs (you have actinics in them right?), and 8 hours for the MH.

For your predator tank the 48" PC will be fine. You can get them in single bulb (well there will be two...one 21" or 23" on each end making it only one bulb wide) or dual bulb (two bulbs wide, total of 4 bulbs). Either will be fine, although you might find the single to be a bit dim.