PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish pair + 1 other Fish, or Three Different Types of Fish?

Puff
12-22-2007, 07:04 AM
ve had a pair of clowns in my tank for well over a month. well...the evilness of the larger one proved too much for the small one to take, and he took the leap of faith sad.gif

now comes the decision...do i get another clown and go for the pair again? or should i go for a different type of fish? like a rainford's goby?

right now the only fish in the tank (24 gallon aquapod) are a small bimac blenny (<1" (that's "less than", right?)), and a small clownfish.

the LFS has a few Rainford's in stock and i think they are kind of neat, plus they would add some different colours and textures to the tank.

on the other hand, would a pair of clowns be that much more entertaining and be worth having over a wider variety of species?

fishoholic
12-22-2007, 01:46 PM
Go for the rainfords goby, if you get a clown they might end up fighting instead of pairing up.

Myka
12-22-2007, 02:24 PM
Go for the Rainford's! I have one...he's awesome. He's the boldest fish in my tank. He's the only one that doesn't skitter away and hide when someone walks by the tank. lol

Puff
12-22-2007, 08:06 PM
my clown was pretty mean to the other one that she literally chased right out of the tank (unfortunately it was "right out" the top of the tank!). i have a little bimac blenny who i love. the little guy has quite the pair on him. not afraid to come right up to my hand during feeding time, and ive only had him about a week or so.