PDA

View Full Version : where to get prodibio?

fmelindy
12-22-2007, 06:32 AM
I've been thinking about trying it... anyone know where I can buy the prodibio system additives?

andresont
12-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Ocean Aquatics has from Fauna Marine ( they have probidio culture in ampoules for sure)

I think it's the same as ZEO product line from J&L.

fmelindy
12-22-2007, 08:44 PM
I was under the impression they were completely different systems.... anyone know whether this is true? the zeo system requires zeolites and a reactor as does the fauna marin system but there is no mention of a substrate or reactor required with prodibio....

albert_dao
12-22-2007, 09:10 PM
The reactor is a PLUS, not a drawback FYI.

Substrateless probiotic systems are far less effective at providing bacterial plankton suspensions for coral feeding.

fmelindy
12-22-2007, 10:23 PM
ok, I'll take your word on that. but I'd still like to know where I can buy prodibio...

albert_dao
12-22-2007, 11:35 PM
Premium Aquatics, I believe.

Reefer Rob
12-23-2007, 02:18 AM
Aquarium Specialty (http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=86_188)

fmelindy
12-23-2007, 06:07 AM
both of those places are in the US. doesn't anyone locally sell this stuff?

albert_dao
12-23-2007, 07:05 AM
Not as far as I'm aware.

Is there a reason, in particular, that you want to try Prodibio over the Fauna Marin/Zeovit products?

fmelindy
12-23-2007, 08:48 AM
maybe it's laziness.... the prodibio system doesn't seem to require as much day to day work as the other two and the dosing is seems to be much less often. Then again, it's also a system that you could go away and leave for a week or two without worrying about the fact that you're neglecting your dosing. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Reefer Rob
12-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Prodibio is much milder than the other 2 systems. You'll see a much less dramatic effect. I ended up supplementing it with sugar dosing to get the look I wanted. In the end I found a fuge with macro algae to be more effective for nutrient export.

andresont
12-23-2007, 09:38 PM
both of those places are in the US. doesn't anyone locally sell this stuff?

When i got those ampoules from AO they were probidio bacterial culture.
I think these product lines are very close and can be mixed.
jmo
I was using FaunaMarine (including probidio) and now use Zeo (just because J&L has it and it's closer to my home)
Mix and match FM leftovers with ZEO, all life stock is happy.
Its all the same principal: Bacterial culture , bacterial food , coral food , amino acids etc. I have dosing calculator for faunamarine if anybody interested.
`

fmelindy
12-29-2007, 06:36 AM
ok I decided to go with the zeo system. Anybody want to share their experiences? How long do you have to dose before you start to notice some changes? Any specific additives in the system you would not recommend or ones that you would particularly recommend? It's a pretty big system!

andresont
12-29-2007, 09:42 PM
ok I decided to go with the zeo system. Anybody want to share their experiences? How long do you have to dose before you start to notice some changes? Any specific additives in the system you would not recommend or ones that you would particularly recommend? It's a pretty big system!

This guide (http://captiveoceans.com/pdfs/ZEOguide%20103%20English.pdf) will answer all of your questions.
First step is to set a reactor the important thing is to properly calculate NET water volume for the first zeo rocks portion.
if you have stocked tank already you need to take 20% off of you water volume for decorations then use only 60% of what is required for the first time and make sure to reduce the flow down to required g/hr.
Then for the first 6-8 weeks use only additives that recommended for the initial period.
After that you can start adding staff for color enhancement for SPS.

Myka
12-30-2007, 01:01 AM
Try www.zeovit.com they have forums specifically for helping people with their systems. They are very good there.