PDA

View Full Version : Taking pvc apart

blaster
12-22-2007, 03:46 AM
Any tricks to use when you do a dry fit test,on pulling the pipes apart.I find when i do a dry test fit,i'm givin myself a hernia tryin to pull them apart

Pan
12-22-2007, 04:01 AM
A small free weights program? coat them with margarine....washes of easy wont hurt or mineral oil.

blaster
12-22-2007, 04:09 AM
funny

Matt
12-22-2007, 06:18 AM
Giving a little slip with a weak detergent (a drop or two in a cup of water) works too, if you think to do it before you "dry" fit.

After the fact, it is easy... just a little tap on the side of the joint when you're pulling. It will pop right off.

untamed
12-22-2007, 06:59 AM
When you do a dry fit..expect that the joint will be about 1/4" tighter when you actually solvent weld it. In other words, dry fit, then cut the pipe about 1/4" or even 1/2" longer. That way, you don't have to jam it in there when dry fitting.

Work from one end. Don't try to cut all the pieces first. Measure, cut, weld each piece as you go.

Unions are great for allowing you to rotate something later. If you can't get it lined up perfectly, a union can help.

When welding in an elbow, dry fit a length of pipe on the other side of the elbow so you get a really good visual of what direction the elbow is pointing.

That's my 30 second plumbing advice....