PDA

View Full Version : i finaly caught the bugger

vazgor
12-21-2007, 06:59 AM
ok i have finaly caught the crab that has been eating all my hermie crabs i think :)
he lost a claw in the capture so i was wondering what to do with him i hate to just kill him but what else can i do with him right now i have him traped in a glass in my tank what do you guys think i should do with him??

Todd
12-21-2007, 07:08 AM
Into the sump?

skylord
12-21-2007, 07:19 AM
Sump has my vote.....just dont forget he is in there. I let my daughter cure some rock in my sump. She was over a few days after she set up her tank telling me about these cute little hitchhiker crabs she got. :surprise:

Scott

fishmaster
12-21-2007, 07:42 AM
Brown one with red eyes? Kill it:twised: I've had two(that I know of) in my tank & they just love to eat the growth tips off my sps! Oh, and zoa's, another favorite snack! There's still one in there & when I catch him, he'll wish for the sump:twised: Unless someone out there want's to save him?

vazgor
12-21-2007, 01:42 PM
yes hes a brown bugger with red eyes and dark red tips of his claws,wel claw now with tinny wite dots all over his one remaining claw
so were in the sump should i put him i have a spot with some live rock and spot were there is only a little brown dust

Chin_Lee
12-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Put it into the freezer is the most humane way of disposing of it. Nothing positive about these crabs in a reef tank.

CLINT
12-21-2007, 03:26 PM
too bad your not closer my peacock mantis would love to make short work of him.Clint