PDA

View Full Version : Where to get Chaeto

mseepman
12-20-2007, 11:16 PM
I just finished setting up my DIY sump/fuge and now I need the macro algae for the fuge. I'm wondering where everyone gets their Chaeto from? I don't see it listed on most vendors sites.

My local LFS brings in Calurpa, but I don't think that's the best thing for my fuge. I live in the Okanagan, so choices aren't that plentiful but I'm open to suggestions.

LeeR
12-21-2007, 12:43 AM
im going to vernon tomorrow to see family for x mas.. i could probably bring you some if you want.

mseepman
12-21-2007, 12:58 AM
Hey I would buy it if you want. I would be really greatful. Let me know a time and place. I will PM you with my cell ph# When would you be in Vernon?

Okguy
12-21-2007, 03:37 PM
If you want I have tons in my Fuge. Send me a PM and we can coordinate a time for you to pick it up.

mseepman
12-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Thanks Okguy, MacheteAve is coming to town today and planning to bring some with him. We're a little worried about the survival on the trip so if things don't work out, I will PM you.

Everyone on this board is so helpful. I still want to figure out how to get the Okanagan group together for a few beers or something. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Okguy
12-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Everyone on this board is so helpful. I still want to figure out how to get the Okanagan group together for a few beers or something. Let me know if you have any ideas.

When I first signed on here a couple of years ago, there were only 4 or 5 people from the Okanagan, now it seems like every other post is from someone nearby. Maybe the first step is to set up an Okanagan Forum on Canreef? Maybe set up a frag swap?

Anyways, I'm going to trim back the Chaeto on Monday so if you want some let me know.

Oh yeah, congrats on building a sump\fuge. I built mine at this time last year and my tank has never been happier!

Cheers,

Kevin

mseepman
12-22-2007, 07:03 PM
Machete,

Thank you so much for bringing that Chaeto to me from Van. I really appreciate your help. It looks like it's surviving, but we'll see what happens in the next few days.

Thanks again.

Mark.

LeeR
12-22-2007, 08:08 PM
No problem. Hopefully it lives if not oh well. you will have to get some pictures of your tank i would enjoy to see it.