PDA

View Full Version : Trigger question

Canuckgod420
12-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Triggers eat snails...right?
I have a bunch of those small snail tubes all over my rocks.....will a trigger eat those?
I was thinking of getting a Niger Trigger, some say they are safe...others say there not...at this point I think I will risk it to get rid of those darn webs all over my tank.

Aquattro
12-19-2007, 08:25 PM
no, a niger will probably not eat those. Thet seem to get triggered by movement. I had a niger and it never touched the rock work. In fact, never bothered the snails either. Soemthing like a picasso might be a better choice

fishmaster
12-19-2007, 08:49 PM
Triggers eat snails...right?
I have a bunch of those small snail tubes all over my rocks.....will a trigger eat those?
I was thinking of getting a Niger Trigger, some say they are safe...others say there not...at this point I think I will risk it to get rid of those darn webs all over my tank.

Crushing the shell with your finger seems to kill those. Assuming you're talking about vermatid snails? I've had two so far(that are out in the open). They don't hurt anything, but do irritate the heck out of corals. I just squished the shells with my fingers and scraped off what I could. Neither came back.

Canuckgod420
12-19-2007, 09:45 PM
I believe they are vermatid snails...so a question i have is, if I cut or break them off do I have to remove them from my tank...will they just die...or will they continue growing?

fishmaster
12-19-2007, 10:26 PM
I believe they are vermatid snails...so a question i have is, if I cut or break them off do I have to remove them from my tank...will they just die...or will they continue growing?

Well, I'm no expert as I only dealt with 2 of them. But neither came back. I just scraped them off into the tank. I assume my clean up crew ate what was left.