PDA

View Full Version : quarentine question

Finaddict
12-18-2007, 02:48 AM
would it be ok to q a few fish a time. or does everyone put 1 in at a time?

tank will be a 33g and looking at a 3inch trigger and a small tang.

also what else do poeople have in there q tanks>? any live rock added pvc??

i do not want that nasty ick in my 90g i had ick wipe out all my fish in 36 hours...

Myka
12-18-2007, 03:51 AM
If Ich killed all your fish in 36 hours, then the previous health of your fish is to blame, not the Ich. A healthy fish can be rid of Ich on its own. Might want to take a second look at water parameters and quality/variety of foods.

I just have PVC in my QT. Don't put LR in there because if you have to treat the tank the medications will be absorbed by the LR and will be harmful if put back in your reef. Basically, if you have the treat the QT you'll wreck the LR you put in it. The 2 fish should be fine in a 33. Just make sure you buy PVC that is large enough for them to hide in comfortably. I find they really like elbos in comparison to straight pieces. :)

Make sure you put a "seed sponge" in the QT for 24-48 hours before adding the fish.

Finaddict
12-18-2007, 04:14 AM
yes it was ick on a yellow tang that spread and killed all remaining fish i was treating and checking water params but it was a very fast parasites.

Myka
12-18-2007, 04:22 AM
If your fish are healthy they should be able to fend off the Ich without medications.