PDA

View Full Version : Feeding LPS Pellets

hillbillyreefer
12-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Last night was feeding time for my LPS, one bubble, 2 open brains. I stuck my syringe/tube in and dropped a couple pieces of mysis on each of them. Then to keep the shrimp and my basslet occupied I dropped in a couple small size Formula One pellets. One pellet fell on the green brain and he opened up and ate it too. Sooooo, I thought why not give them all a bit. I gave all the lps's 3 pellets each and they ate them up. Just wondering if this is a good thing to feed coral or not. Does anyone else feed their LPS pellets?

Thanks
Brad

Moogled
12-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Any food that the coral consumes is fair game. My scolymia and blasstomussa take in nori if it happens to float into their mouth(s).

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-17-2007, 07:04 PM
If they don't like it, they'll spit it back up within the hour. I've had that happen in the past. If they eat it and keep it down, then it's all good:biggrin: Just don't feed the corals pellets that often since it is concentrated food.

hillbillyreefer
12-17-2007, 07:24 PM
They didn't spit it so they must like it!! It was more an experiment than anything. They get cylopseeze on Wednesday and mysis Sunday. Good to know that other foods are acceptable, because some day I will run out of their regular diet and it's a pain in the a$$ to get more in the sticks where I live.

The bubble looks better today than it has since I got it. It has been eating but never really extended its bubbles. Today it is puffed right up looking good. I was starting to worry about it. But assumed that if it's eating it will come around, and it has.

Thanks
Brad