PDA

View Full Version : thinking of a 125g FO... questions

nanoreefer
12-17-2007, 06:40 AM
i have a tank that i think is a 125(72"X18WX20H)set up as fresh water with a biult in overflow and a wetdry filter full of pot scrubbers with a queit one 4000 return pump that iam thinking of setting up as a FO tank what eles would i need to get to do it aside from sand, base rock and some live rock? the fish i whant are violations lion, niger trigger, red coris wrasse, snowflake or zebra eel, and a yellow tang would that be ok with weekly 10-20% WCs? i plan on useing mostley base rock so would useing the wetdry be ok for bio filteration i know it would be bad from a reef but what about a fo tank? and sence its going to be an FO tank can i use tap water(from a well)is there any other bad effects besides algea?(witch the YT should keep under control i think)i will also add a DIY skimmer that iam going to make as soon as i find some good plans for one, any advice would be good ive never done a FOWLR or any SW tank over 20g but i figure now is the time and the boxing day sales can only help:biggrin:

WuHT
12-20-2007, 09:23 AM
if things are on sale get a RO/DI unit!

kwirky
01-21-2008, 06:42 AM
I'd say pick up a skimmer used instead of DIY'ing one. Often good brand used skimmers pop up on the buy/sell of the forums.