PDA

View Full Version : It Has Happened Again

Tom R
12-15-2007, 02:32 AM
Over the last couple of years I have taken a liking to the Wrasse family of fish. About 6 months ago I bought my third or forth Wrasse a Blue Sided Fairy Wrasse. His colour was to die for.

While today he thought he could jump from my 125G to the 180G. While he didn't make it. He was about 12 feet short of the other tank when I found him all dried up on the carpet floor. At least he was only a $19 fish, not a $225 Mystery Wrasse. These fish are real jumpers.

Tom R

calkrog
12-15-2007, 02:46 AM
my coral beauty decide to go carpet surfing last night, luckily i was watching tv close by and my dog heard it so i managed to scoop it back into the tank, complete with its new hairy dog fur coat. but its alive so thats the important thing.

also managed to find my missing valentini puffer a couple of days ago. dried up behind the tank. did not get to that one in time.

Renegade
12-15-2007, 03:56 AM
hey Tom Maybe its time for the Hockey net around the tank like at the rinks for canucks games lol. They'd just bounce right back into the tank

Zylumn
12-15-2007, 04:09 AM
my coral beauty decide to go carpet surfing last night, luckily i was watching tv close by and my dog heard it so i managed to scoop it back into the tank, complete with its new hairy dog fur coat. but its alive so thats the important thing.

I wonder if he is capable of "learning his lesson" about jumping. ?? It would be a keeper then LOL

Chowder
12-15-2007, 04:18 AM
My blue sided at work just jumped out last weekend. Found him pretty crispy monday morning. Also had a lamarks angle that went missing for about 3 months. My wife found him stuck to her scarf that was about 3 feet from the tank on the dinning room table. When she put it on the lamarks was looking back at her. Was quit tragic and funny at the same time.

Tom R
12-15-2007, 04:38 AM
Hi Chris

I had a Rabbit jump out a while back. Lucky I was in the room at the time and went over to the tank after hearing the fuss. Oh yes there he was stuck to the wall. I pealed him off the wall and put him back into the tank.
He is still alive and doing well.

Tom R

My blue sided at work just jumped out last weekend. Found him pretty crispy monday morning. Also had a lamarks angle that went missing for about 3 months. My wife found him stuck to her scarf that was about 3 feet from the tank on the dinning room table. When she put it on the lamarks was looking back at her. Was quit tragic and funny at the same time.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-15-2007, 04:59 AM
No, they are not capable of learning (at least not my fish). The small tail wrasse I had jumped & I found it flopping around on the kitchen floor, but I scooped it back in. A month later, did the same thing. Found it behind the tank but took too long getting it out of there & it died two days later. Beautiful fish. Too bad it was a slow learner.

Ahhh, the joys of open top reef tanks:twised: :sad:

Anthony

Chowder
12-15-2007, 05:14 AM
Have a starry blenny that has jumped out once . He was lucky I was around . The cats were licking there lips and playing with it. It now lives in my sump. I keep catching it and releasing it back into the main tank. The next morning I usually find him in the sump again. Have since given up on returning him to the main tank.

Snappy
12-15-2007, 05:27 AM
I just found my male flasher wrasse this week behind a tank with the same fate. I'll miss him.

Delphinus
12-15-2007, 05:37 AM
I lost a pair of blue side wrasses in one night. I was on vacation, the fellow I had feeding my fish forget to close the canopy after feeding them, he found both of them on the floor the next morning. :(

fishoholic
12-15-2007, 02:08 PM
I've had a firefish, and a blenny jump out. I also had a zebra goby chased out of the tank by a tomato clown. Found the clown on the top middle brace of the tank (still alive) put her back in and she died 3 days later (one side of her body, the side that was on the brace, was in really bad shape) found the goby on the floor the day after I found the clown and realized what happened. :sad: Silly fish need to learn to stay in their tanks!

Quinn
12-16-2007, 09:28 PM
Put a cover of some type on your tanks. This is the equivalent to leaving your doors open and then complaining when your dog gets hit by a car, "he never learns."

Slipstream
12-16-2007, 09:32 PM
My tanks are covered, so they cant jump out :lol:

steve fedyk
12-17-2007, 12:34 AM
My canipy is was open on the back were a banner jumped out. It was to later to save him but, next day I put up a screen to stop the untimly death of my fish. The screen is made from eggcreat from home depot.:mrgreen:

Puff
01-01-2008, 03:05 AM
my female clownfish chased her male counterpart right out of his home a few weeks ago...in typical female fashion...lol

Pan
01-01-2008, 09:22 AM
He needs to show up back at her door with a younger more...um..prettily striped clown. Deflate her ego on the spot :)
Take her out put in QT put other one in let establish then put the female back in...or use eggcrate wall of a section then put the female in there for awhile. Always works with my clowns. GSM's and they are quite aggresive to begin with