PDA

View Full Version : bought Rowaphos, some got in my tank....

Smells Fishy in Vancity
12-13-2007, 05:18 AM
like the title says.... recently bought phosban reactor w/ Rowaphos as the medium to control my phosphate problem. however, during the setup some of the "black stuff" got inside my tank. rookie... that's all. now, my concerns are.. 1) how will this affect my tank chemistry short and long term? 2) will this become poison to my fish in the future if eaten or not? as of yet i have nothing in my tank except water, base rock and recently added live rock - tank been running for few weeks now....

thanks in advance!!!!!

Salmon King
12-13-2007, 09:18 AM
I dont think any problem as a some always goes in the tank nomatter what.No warning label on it so should be okay

Der_Iron_Chef
12-13-2007, 03:15 PM
I'm pretty sure your fish won't eat it. They're pretty discriminating in what they eat. I would just make sure it hasn't settled on anything like corals, etc. Next time you do a water change, suck out as much as you can. Beyond that, I think you'll be fine.

skylord
12-13-2007, 05:34 PM
I agree...no problem. But why are you having phosphate problems?

Scott

Smells Fishy in Vancity
12-13-2007, 08:51 PM
I agree...no problem. But why are you having phosphate problems?

Scott

awesome!!!! i v'e done some research as well but its always good to hear from experienced people... thanks alot!

as for having phosphate prob. i guess its from the tap water i use - i live in the van. area..

Smells Fishy in Vancity
12-13-2007, 09:01 PM
hey scott,
i'm guessing the phosphate prob. came from the tap water i used - i live on commercial st. area....
rich

Zoaelite
12-13-2007, 09:07 PM
I had the EXACT same event happen to me, the only problem is that the media rusts over time. I just took the magnet off of my tunze nanostream and just dragged it though the sand to suck up all the little peices.
Levi

Smells Fishy in Vancity
12-15-2007, 07:43 AM
thank you! totally apreciate that Levi....