PDA

View Full Version : Reef chat???

UnderWorldAquatics
01-29-2002, 06:45 PM
Is there a set time where members are encouraged to join in a group chat??? If not I think there should be! Im members with some other boards and we all meet on the chat board at certain times, its great to ask questions real time, and offers people that cant go to club meetings a chance to chat with other members. As an example say... Monday evening 6:00pm till you pass out on the keyboard? Just a sugestion. I know Id love to be able to ask people their opinion real time, so they can say whats on their mind. Its also great for reefers just starting out! If there already is a set time please be kind enough to let me know.
Thanks Kyle
"Trying to do my part"

christyf5
01-29-2002, 07:08 PM
Hey man where ya been? I've been in there chatting with myself sometimes. images/smiles/icon_razz.gif Haha! Seriously that sounds like a great idea. Mondays at 6 sound good to me. Lets pass it on!

Christy images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

kris
01-29-2002, 07:16 PM
i talk to my sself all the time.... monday 6... sounds great im there

Jack
01-29-2002, 07:28 PM
mondays at 6 is good, its on my days off

StirCrazy
01-29-2002, 09:07 PM
you mean I cam going to be able to talk to someone besides myself? I don't know if I can handle the excitment images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
seriously I am almost always in there when I am on the board images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Steve

christyf5
01-29-2002, 09:47 PM
Hey its working!! Who knew?? Way to go Kyle!! images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

[ 29 January 2002: Message edited by: christyf5 ]</p>

titus
01-29-2002, 09:54 PM
Hello,

Good call. I saw that on the other boards and thought about that as well. As long as someone is willing to host it, then go for it.

christyf5
02-04-2002, 05:03 PM
So how and why does one have to host a chat? Can't we all just get in there and start yakking??I was just wondering.

PS Today is Monday!! See you at 6. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

titus
02-04-2002, 07:46 PM
Hello,

Yah not really necessary to have someone to host it unless we have guest speakers. But it's a good idea that we finally have some sort of organized chat time. So I take it that it's every Monday at 6pm?
The problem is with a single guy like me who has his schedule all out of alignment, I never know whether I will be in front of the computer at 6pm..... images/smiles/icon_sad.gif

christyf5
02-04-2002, 08:04 PM
Well that isn't written in stone ya know. Someone just suggested it and I figured if someone didn't take the first step nobody else would. You got a better time for next week? We should try to change the times every week so everyone can get in on it. We could post it somewhere every week and people could join in whenever they can.

Get organized! images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

StirCrazy
02-04-2002, 08:11 PM
I like later on like 9 or 9:30 pm

Steve

UnderWorldAquatics
02-04-2002, 09:16 PM
Well its 5:00pm on Monday, hopefully some people will show up for a bit of a chat this evening. Ill try to be on around 6, but Im kinda busy so I might not be on till later. But Ill be on soon enough images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Jack
02-04-2002, 10:16 PM
hey, im in chat... its 6:15

Jeff
02-04-2002, 11:40 PM
There are a few very populated reef IRC chats.
The biggest off the top of my head would be the one on xnet.

Jeff