PDA

View Full Version : New Life Spectrum

kodak
12-13-2007, 02:51 AM
I'm not sure if all of you are familiar with NLS, so I figured I'd share this great product with you!

Check out the video link below...

http://stream01.pixelfish.com/newlife/playerHB_vm.php?mediaType=windows&browser=MSIE

www.cichlid-food-canada.com

Ask your local fish store to pick this product up at www.cichlid-food-canada.com (Neil) aka RD, or you can find it locally at www.petsbeautiful.com Ask for April, she has the best price in town !!!

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-13-2007, 04:09 AM
My fish love NLS pellets.

kodak
12-13-2007, 04:34 AM
It's all I feed my Africans, including my wild caughts.. even the WC Tanganyikan Eels took to it. My WC Mbu puffer even takes it from time to time.. I know that some of the harder to keep SW fish do very well on NLS.. That's the main reason for posting the links!!!

Salmon King
12-13-2007, 09:26 AM
Safari Pets has it in Victoria

hillbillyreefer
12-13-2007, 02:43 PM
It's good stuff. It's 100 % of my african's diet. My firefish take it before mysis.

Murminator
12-13-2007, 03:32 PM
All my fish get NLS Salt and fresh

kodak
12-14-2007, 01:10 AM
Great product no doubt... I use nothing but NLS
A LINK FOR MORE INFO..
http://www.cichlid-food-canada.com/story.html

digital-audiophile
12-14-2007, 01:23 AM
I have been using NLS for a couple years. It seems to always be good quality.

BC564
12-14-2007, 02:13 AM
In the opening post.....When you click this link.( http://stream01.pixelfish.com/newlif...s&browser=MSIE )
...and it goes to load the video....on the right of the video is another link which is supposed to take you to NLS website....but when you click on it the address comes up as nis and not nls.....

Try it and you will see what I mean....so now you can fix it or contact them to fix it...

kodak
12-14-2007, 04:25 AM
Thank you, I noticed that as well, I'll pass the info onto Neil.
Clayton

Zylumn
12-14-2007, 05:31 AM
The NLS lg fish formula is one that was recommended to me and my SW fish hate it, my snails love it though. Even my plate coral that eats everything I feed the fish, till now, spit it all out. Any recommendations would be appreciated except starving.
Kevin

Delphinus
12-14-2007, 05:42 AM
I'd love some tips on encouraging a copperbanded butterfly to try some. Just won't touch the stuff, I've tried not feeding him anything for several days, I've tried soaking the pellets in clam juice, I've tried both the marine NLS and the marine "finicky fish" NLS .. no go.

kodak
12-14-2007, 05:48 AM
I only use the 1mm pellets not the 3mm ... I find the 1mm is best, even for the fish up to and over 12-15" or so. I just had a shipment of fish come in last week, I didn't feed them for two days after arrival, when I did start feeding, only one fish from the shipment didn't eat. He wouldn't eat a bite for about a week, I figured he might starve... I fed the group tonight, and he was gobbling the NLS down. Be patient, they will take to it.

Delphinus
12-14-2007, 05:54 AM
Hmmmm, unfortunately he hasn't and it's been about 18 months now. Just doesn't touch the stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see this fish take to it, but apparently he is stronger willed than your fish :p

kodak
12-14-2007, 05:58 AM
Strange... even my wild caught fish take to it.. I have not had 1 fish yet not eat it.. what are you feeding the fish then.. maybe try soaking the NLS in brine shrimp juice, or whatever else you are feeding it.. along with the food it does eat.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-14-2007, 06:00 AM
All my fish, Powder Blue, Achilles, Yellow, Hippo, Purple, and Powder Brown/Gold Rim tangs eat it.

My Potters, Lemon Peels, Coral Beauty, and even Rock Beauty eat it.

Both the Auratus & new Heniochus Butterflies eat it. I don't think my Copperband ate it because it mostly ate Aiptasia & bloodworms before it died.

I also use the 1mm pellets (Spectrum Thera+ and Marine Fish Formula). My one concern is that it sometimes floats a little before sinking although with Chin's new maxi-jet mods, there's so much surface agitation the pellets sink & shoot around the tank immediately:surprise:

Anthony

Delphinus
12-14-2007, 06:02 AM
He's only eating mysis right now and I'll throw in an occasional grocery shellfish to mix things up. Maybe I'll try thawing out some mysis, and let the NLS sit in a jar with the mysis and some water. Thanks...

kodak
12-14-2007, 06:04 AM
Here is the NLS Forum link http://www.newlife.ipbhost.com/forums/index.php
All you answers are here!
Good night all..

RD
12-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Tony - one last thing that you could try ....... make a paste of mysis & pellets, starting with just a few pellets, and slowly over the next few days increasing the pellets until the paste is approx 50/50. Then over the course of a few more days increase the amount of pellets. After a few more days of that mix decrease the amount of mysis until you are mostly feeding pellets. Unfortunately there are no guarantees that all marine fish will eat a dry food, some fish will simply never come around.

As far as pellet size, while the 1mm sized pellet is always a good starting point for most fish, larger marine specimens will require larger pellets in order to meet their daily energy requirements, as well as their overall nutritional requirements. Also, some of the larger fish will simply ignore pellets if they are too small in size. In the video link previously posted in this discussion it shows a group of V. lionfish taking pellets at the surface, those floating pellets are 7.5 mm in size! (Extra Large Fish formula)

HTH

BC564
12-14-2007, 03:41 PM
I was here working late lastnight when I saw the thread and watched the video...I was impressed and then wondered what I was using...so when I got home last night I checked the pellets I have......and what do you know.....NLS....I know the fish love it....nothing has ever refused to eat it....so one less thing I have to worry about.....its all good.

kodak
12-18-2007, 04:14 AM
Another satisfied customer... :)

Delphinus
12-18-2007, 05:30 AM
I'm trying the mysis and NLS paste (using "Finicky Fish Formula"). I give it 24 hours to sit together in the fridge. We'll see how it goes. Since it's a mixture of something he WILL eat with the NLS, I can more or less keep at it indefinitely. Hopefully he gets the idea soon.