PDA

View Full Version : aquatronica programming help!!!

atcguy
12-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Ok I bought an automatic fish feeder that has settings for feed every 24 hours, 2 times a day 3 times, etc. I have an aquatronica and I want to feed 2 times a day with my main pump, skimmer and wave devices all turning off for 8 minutes while the feeder drops the food in. All these devices are turned on as a run all day feature. My feeder starts the intervals from the moment I set it for lets say every 12 hrs drop food in. So how do I programm my controller to turn of these 3 items for 8 minutes while my feeder FEEDS the tank.

thanks

Jason McK
12-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Sorry can't help but I would give Wendell a call.

J

untamed
12-12-2007, 11:59 PM
There are likely different ways to do this...hmmm..

The first thing that comes to mind is that you will have to synchronize the feed timer with the AQT, since the AQT isn't going to be controlling the feed timer. That can be done, but it is likely to slowly drift out of synch over time. It might be easier to just have the AQT control the feed time as well. If you have a plug available set the feeder to feed when powered and let AQT do it.

The next thing to consider is that you are probably only feeding during the daytime. That affects your timers.

I would do this with wave effect timers. For example:

Program 1: Active 7 days per week
Active 10PM - Noon (night)
Return pump On

Program 2: Active 7 days per week
Active Noon -10PM (lights on... 3 feeding interruptions at 3PM, 6PM and 9PM)
Return pump On for 2hr, 52 minutes
Return pump Pause for 8 minutes

That should get you started anyway. All of my AQT programming experience is done with the computer interface. I'm not much help with programming the AQT using only the AQT itself because I've never done it that way.

Crumm
12-13-2007, 12:03 AM
You're going to have to set the feeder to time at the exact time(s) every day (say 1 PM, 6 PM, etc.). Then change the programming on the plugs for the pump, skimmer, etc. to not run during the predefined feeding period (i.e. if the automatic feeder is going to feed at 1 PM, set the plugs to run to 1 PM, then not to start again until 1:15PM, etc.).

That's about the only way I can see to do it... the challenge is that the Aquatronica in no way knows when that feeder is going to go off... so you need to hardcode the times that it feeds, and configure your plugs to go off around that timeframe.

atcguy
12-13-2007, 12:15 AM
i know i must sync the times. i program through the computer interface. Ok I am still trying to absorb this all. Thanks . heading out for the night but will tackle in the morning.. Cheers

atcguy
12-13-2007, 05:30 PM
bump

Psyire
12-13-2007, 07:51 PM
I think it would be much less hassle if you bought a feeder with a built in timer so you can coordinate it with the timers you program into your AQT.

untamed
12-13-2007, 08:03 PM
bump

My solution doesn't work?

untamed
12-17-2007, 06:09 AM
Sounds like you've got it working perfectly! I look forward to your design on an automated water change. There's a lot of ways that can be done.