PDA

View Full Version : Mag 18 going rate locations in calgary

Pan
12-12-2007, 06:53 AM
Where might I find a mag 18 pump here in calgary? Maybe an eheim? With a bit of time ...and money on my hands and family matters sorted i can finally work at getting my beast going.

Delphinus
12-12-2007, 04:39 PM
I'd try Gold Aquariums, they have Mag drives.

I tried a couple a hydroponics stores because they usually sell Mag drive pumps too but the prices were horrendous (like 40% more than Gold Aquariums, who seem to be close to on-par with mail-order on a lot of items).

jasond
12-12-2007, 05:11 PM
I got my eheim from J&L, they have free shipping on orders over $200, so it is a good excuse to stock up! Not sure who sells them locally, I know Gold's does not.

Pan
12-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Thanks guys, just spent 1500 on tires so i guess I can scrounge together money for a pump.

danny zubot
12-12-2007, 11:29 PM
Rona and Home Depot sell mag drive pumps as well. They go under a different name but are the exact same pump. This time of year you might find them cheep there since they usually sell them in the garden/pond section.

Black Phantom
12-13-2007, 03:57 AM
I tried one of the Home Depot pumps years ago when I first started my big tank. I had great water flow and was quite happy until I put my ear to the tank. The volume of sound pulsing through the tank was super loud. :sad: I'm sure that can't be good for the fish so I switched it out right away with an Ampmaster. The noise drop was substantial.