PDA

View Full Version : Restocking questions.

michika
12-12-2007, 12:15 AM
I need some opinions and for some people to chime in on what my next steps should be in regards to my tank and restocking. I do have intentions to restock my system with SPS and clams again, but the big question is when.

For those of you who are not aware I moved November 24th. Then the 26th until about the 7th of December I experienced mass die off of all my SPS, and the bulk of my clam collection, followed by what I think was a mini cycle.

At this time the cycle has completed, and based on water tests and a visual inspection it looks like the worst is over. Water parameters have returned to normal, and things that survived are starting to come back again. Just to be clear I never had any livestock death, just sps and clams.

My question then is when do you think I can again consider restocking? I am personally thinking of starting to restock after the new year. I just want to hear opinions and thoughts on what I should do

Delphinus
12-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Timetable of seems probably plenty reasonable to me... Maybe the thing to do is see if you can talk someone into giving you a canary frag (digitata or something), if it takes then you know you're more or less good to go...

michika
12-12-2007, 01:13 AM
Good idea, I may just do that. So maybe after the new year see if I can't get a "canary frag" (<---cute) to try out.

I'm just confused if the timetable after an event like this should reflect that of a newly cycled tank.