PDA

View Full Version : LF: Acropora, darker shades

Reefer Rob
12-11-2007, 06:00 PM
I seem to have become addicted to pastel colored Acropora. Nice colors, but when I look in my tank everything looks a bit washed out.

What I need is some LE frags with deeper color (not brown :wink: ) to set them off. Dare I ask if anyone has a Purple Monster frag, this would be at the top of my list right now.

Reefer Rob
12-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Oh well, I had to ask. What about frags of darker acropora without a pedigree? Something in a dark blue or purple preferably.

Rob

robs fish
12-13-2007, 09:19 PM
Check with Wickedfrags as he has some very sweet pieces and has a huge sale on right now 50% off.

Rob

Renegade
12-14-2007, 07:41 AM
you get pastel colors by running a very nutrient's poor system. (which is not a bad thing, its just a hard look lots try to achieve {good Job BTW} ) Putting a darker color coral into your system will eventually turn it pastel anyways.

Reefer Rob
12-14-2007, 01:37 PM
That's the case with most of the corals we keep, but some such as the Purple Monster and their look-alikes will keep their dark color in a nutrient poor environment. Check put Fastfish's tank of the month as an example. Bringing home little brown frags from OA and watching them pastel may be fun but it's not achieving the look I want :mrgreen:

Snappy
12-14-2007, 03:14 PM
If you want a dark blue that holds its colour well maybe try A.hoeksemai.
A slow grower IME but they are sweet.