PDA

View Full Version : petcetera has tonga branch rock....

spikehs
01-31-2003, 05:16 AM
I was looking in their flyer today and saw they are selling it for 6.99/pound .......not sure if it would be any good though....has anyone got a change to check it out yet?

AJ_77
01-31-2003, 05:29 AM
All locations? When is the flyer dated?

:shock: Petcetera?!?

spikehs
01-31-2003, 05:36 AM
i know i was pretty shocked to see it myself....not sure of the date of the flyer as i just saw it at a buddies house. I think it mention something about ordering it in advanced, not to sure though. Maybe they will be putting more effort into their sw section now?

TANGOMAN
01-31-2003, 01:53 PM
I just received some gift certificates for Petcetera. ($30.00) If anyone is interested in buying them they will "go on sale" this Saturday only... :wink: . I'll bring 'em to Tony's. Did someone say swap...?

TANGOMAN
01-31-2003, 09:08 PM
Aj, the flyer arrived at my place last night. (Jan. 30-Mar.1) Why do you sound so shocked ? :roll:
I decided to drop in there today (Maclead Tr. store) and check it out. I was unable to find anyone but they did have a sign there that was quite helpful. (Is it ok to say that ? :lol: ). Three different kinds of rock are available: Tonga Branch, a "man-made" form, (Ross, are you peddling rock there ?), and another variety I've never heard of and I already forgot what they called it.
All three wer $9.99/lb and according to the flyer, Tonga is $6.99/lb.
Pre-order. No minimum. 7-10 days delivery(pick-up).

So, now y'all know as much as me. :? Not a very comforting feeling is it.
I've decided to keep those gift certificates after all...

rossb
01-31-2003, 09:29 PM
Ross, are you peddling rock there

Dang...and i was hoping to keep that a secret...If you pick out a rock and its ugly...well I probably made it (J/K...petcetera is a store I just can't got in...I keep wanting to kill the helpful teenages :roll: )

TANGOMAN
02-07-2003, 01:53 PM
I stopped in there on Wed. night and decided the $30.00 gift certificates might as well go towards research and development. I ordered a Whopping 4 lbs. of the Tonga Branh. I'll let ya'all know how it looks when it comes in.

For those of you thinking that was a rather dull posting, read on. There is of course an entertaining story to tell... :roll:
This time I was able to find somebody to assist me. I kinda' wish I didn't !
A young gal was cleaning one of the marine "cubicles". Not wanting to interupt her I patiently watched as she diligently did her "chores". Besides, this would surely be a good opportunity to learn some new tank husbandry skills. She had removed all of the substrate which was put aside in a container. No big deal. She began scrubbing the sides and the bottom of the tank. She wasn't wiping the glass, I mean she was scrubbing. Ya' ever have one of those goofy Uncles that comes over at Christmas and after several egg-nogs figures he should put ya' in a headlock and vigorously rub your head, messin' up your hair...? Well that's what this reminded me of. Water was splashin' all over. Through the cloud of muck I could see the outline of what I presumed were fish :shock: . They were freakin' out.
It was then I realized, the next time a fish is brought home and does not feed. Dies either from starvation or falls victim to disease, before we jump on the cyanide bandwagon. We must consider what conditions that poor little guy was subjected to earlier... :shock:
But I guess that really shouldn't have bothered me. After all, "it's only a fish..." :roll:

AJ_77
02-07-2003, 02:42 PM
Eager to see what the stuff looks like, cured or uncured etc. What did they charge you per pound - the flyer price of $6.99 judging by your total? How long is that price in effect - anyone know?

And do you have to pay at time of ordering? That would make it a gamble.

:?

TANGOMAN
02-07-2003, 03:35 PM
AJ, I did pay $6.99/lb. That price is for the month of Feb. Cured/uncured ?
I didn't want to further my frustration by asking... :wink:
You do have to pre-pay but how can ya' consider that a gamble when ya' consider the source :roll: If I were you I'd run out and spend an outrageous amount of money on mere speculation hoping you might get something that resembles a solidified piece of ???? that was pulled from the bottom of Sikome Lake... :lol:

ps. "good luck" and Happy Birthday AJ... :wink: :wink:

EmilyB
02-07-2003, 06:54 PM
ps. "good luck" and Happy Birthday AJ... :wink: :wink:

Today the big day then ? Happy Birthday Alan - go nuts :lol:

AJ_77
02-07-2003, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the wishes - yes the 7th is my day! Tried to change it to July, but no go...

:wink:

AJ_77
02-13-2003, 09:01 PM
TANGOMAN:
Did it come in? Report, please...

:wink:

TANGOMAN
02-14-2003, 03:10 PM
I phoned yesterday to check the "status" of this mystery rock and I was told that it will be another week as "so-and-so" didn't know how to order so they had to wait for a different so-and-so to do it... :roll:
I really don't understand Ross's frustration when it comes to the dealings of this place... :wink:

TANGOMAN
02-21-2003, 08:35 PM
Got my rocks off, er, I mean in today... :roll:
It was shipped from Coast Mountain Aquatics, or I presume it was as that was on the boxs' shipping label. That was a relief as I had fears it might be from the bottom of Sikome Lake. :wink: . It looks ok to me. Uncured. Several small, broken pieces, but having only ordered four pounds I wasn't expecting any monsters.
It was a good gamble. And the look on the kids face when I questioned her why it wasn't moving was worth it..."is live rock supposed to move ?" :roll: