PDA

View Full Version : need help

milesj250
12-09-2007, 07:45 PM
looking at the waterline in my 220g tank (8x2x2) and have notice the waterline changing(left to right). about 3 weeks ago the right side was 6 mm lower(measuring from bottom of trim down). i looked today and the left is 5mm lower than the right end (measuring from bottom of trim down). the tank has been running for about a year. the tank is on two stands, both are level (each one) and together they are level. the tank lower trim on the left side is about 2 mm high than center, the right side is is level and center is right side high. the top trim on the (bottom side of the trim) left side is about 1.5 mm lower than center, the right side is 1.5 mm hight than center and the center is right end high. the waterline is level right, left and center.by sides i mean center to end (4 foot sections), center center out. level used is a 3 foot. looking for some help.

Snappy
12-09-2007, 10:33 PM
What are you actually saying and/or asking? Are you saying that your tank stand is shifting? Your trim is out of wack? I'm really not sure what you're talking about.

X-Treme
12-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Wow.........after reading that.....I think my brain is 10mm lower on the left, center, right............I think.

milesj250
12-09-2007, 11:35 PM
i am trying to find out if stand is settling out of whack and if i should correct, or if trim is out of whack and have to live with a tank that looks unlevel. is there a risk of coming to see the tank and finding a big mess.

Renegade
12-09-2007, 11:57 PM
perhaps a picture might help

Delphinus
12-10-2007, 01:20 AM
I think I'd be VERY concerned if I noticed the waterline location changing (ie. indicating settling). What is the floor the tank is sitting on? Ie. upstairs/downstairs, sitting on joists, parallel perpendicular etc etc. ?

mark
12-10-2007, 01:31 AM
Is your trim loose, if it isn't, I'd sure be concerned with the tank tilting back and forth.

milesj250
12-10-2007, 01:59 AM
trim is on tight. tank is solid dose not move at all.

super7
12-10-2007, 02:14 AM
Where is the tank located in the house concerning upstairs, downstairs. If it's upstairs did you reinforce the floor or place it on top of a load bearing wall.
Super7

milesj250
12-11-2007, 02:51 AM
the floor is cement with 1x4 laid side to side leveled and with ply wood on top and leveled. have had the tank befor i had the house and redid the basement and planed for the tank to be in that spot since day one.

jslaney
12-11-2007, 03:42 AM
Maybe shore up the side that is drooping with 2by4's. I really dont think your slab would shift without you noticing some new cracking. I would check out those stands and make sure they are still structurally sound. that is where the problem is most likely located.

Jon

Salmon King
12-11-2007, 07:12 AM
put a level on it.It sounds like your tank is sinking.You have to move the tank and redo your floor.I have seen additions on houses sink and settle.If your tank isnt level look out it could exsplode on you.Dont wait fix it now