PDA

View Full Version : Bristle Worms Eating

hillbillyreefer
12-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Have any of you watched a bristle worm eat? The other night after I fed my basslet there were a couple pellets left over on a rock. As I watched the tank a medium size bristle came out and ate the pellets. They swallow just like a snake. I could see the pellet lump in his body until it had gone back a couple inches it was really cool. I got a couple pics but the aren't very good.
Pretty cool animals to watch.

Zoaelite
12-08-2007, 08:35 PM
I totaly agree... I just dont undestand why certain people hate having them in the tank. I think there AMAZING for detrius clean up!
Levi

cav~firez22
12-08-2007, 08:51 PM
i think their great to have in the tank. until i touch one, then i dont want them in my tank anymore. heh

hillbillyreefer
12-08-2007, 09:49 PM
I haven't been stung by one, but one day while moving rock one came out and crawled across my hand. Freaked me out a little but was kinda neat. I'd like to know how many are in the tank. I've seen them upto about 10" long, and lately I've been seeing a couple small ones about 3". I'm pretty sure there are at least 8 in the tank. My kids think they are neat, too!!

After watching them in action I think they are a very valuable part of the CUC, they are welcome in my tanks anytime.

marie
12-08-2007, 11:49 PM
I picked one up in my fingers once when I was trying to grab a zoa polyp that had escaped. It was like very itchy cactus hairs :biggrin: