PDA

View Full Version : herbies.. what a treat

calkrog
12-08-2007, 03:14 AM
hey everyone,

some of you may remember my flooding disaster about one month ago. at that time i replumbed my tank so that the original pump to tank return line was an emergency overflow, and plumbed the new return up the back/outside.

this was working fine, but even with my durso i could hear gurgling though the airline and i was getting lots of mist in my sump from airbubbles in the drain.

I finally put a valve on the drain today and went herbie style. what a treat. completely silent and no more mist/air bubbles in the sump :mrgreen: . i wish i would have done this a long time ago. i read great reviews of the herbie style on other forums, but i had no idea. I would highly recommend anyone designing their drains to use the herbie. WOW

Skimmin
12-08-2007, 03:31 AM
I have em too. Thus far I haven't found anything better. It's amazing how quiet they are.

Todd
12-08-2007, 04:23 AM
My new custom 135 sitting half full in the living room has a herbie on it. Can wait to get it fired up and (not) hear it!

Jason McK
12-08-2007, 04:43 AM
Excuess my ignorence but What is a herbie.
Got a link or pic

J

Todd
12-08-2007, 05:10 AM
Excuess my ignorence but What is a herbie.
Got a link or pic

J

A small fat man, that ensures your drain to your sump runs quietly.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=344892

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-08-2007, 05:26 AM
Best drain method ever! So easy to adjust and you really can't hear a thing.

banditpowdercoat
12-08-2007, 05:54 AM
Woulda went herbie, but think I am tempered bottom, and only have dual 3/4" drains, and a Mag1800 pump/ Just aint gona equate out without both drains workin