PDA

View Full Version : Female Anthias wasting away no idea!!!!

PzReefer
12-07-2007, 05:04 AM
I have had 7 Anthias squamipinnis in my 110 gallon reef for 10 weeks, and all have been eating well. There are six females and one male all went into the system at the same time. All eat regularly and different types of food. All have grown and have gotten better colour over this period of time, except one female has lost some colour and is wasting away. Her body is definitely not in the same proportion to her head as the others. She hides sometimes and swims with the pack sometimes. she eats ok it seems but still no weight gain. I was lucky enough to catch her sleeping and QT for a weak. In QT she refused to eat at all
so i returned her to the group and two days later now eating again.

Any ideas on what I might try would be appreciated.

Al

Renegade
12-07-2007, 06:38 AM
give her time relax, and leave her alone there is always gonna be one that doesn't do as well as the others, Keep in mind she could have had previous problems. You should see how they come into the fish stores you'd be amazed at what they live through, with that said sometimes the stability of your tank only prolongs there death by providing an environment in which they can try to recover but in the end do not pull through. good luck with the fish.

Salmon King
12-07-2007, 07:56 AM
Could be it was cyanide caught.In that case nothing you can do

StirCrazy
12-07-2007, 02:22 PM
might be just to many for a 110 gal, anthis actually need more room than tangs and more so require a deep tank. while I doubt this is the problem it is something to consider.

Steve

untamed
12-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Anthias require near constant feeding. They just aren't wired to store fuel.

PzReefer
12-20-2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks all for responses to my query.

Now, she is slowing putting on weight and eating more.

Untamed: I started to feed less more often up to six times daily and she started to respond better, thanks for the tip.