PDA

View Full Version : Dis-liked fish food

Zylumn
12-07-2007, 02:17 AM
What have you done with the fish food you have purchased that your fish don't like. I recently bought some fish food on-line that has all the right percentages of the food I would like to feed, but my fish hate it. Even my plate coral has spit it out.
Any suggestions other than starving them would be appreciated. I feed Flake and Mysis shrimp no problem but they dislike pellets.

Kevin

marie
12-07-2007, 02:32 AM
I have a shelf full of dry fish food my fish won't eat and I've given up buying any kind of pellets.
Catering to finicky fish and trying to keep a balanced diet is half the fun of reefkeeping :mrgreen: .

In my lps tank I have a potters angel who will only eat flake food, a clown goby and a hawkfish who will only eat mysis and a mandarin who only eats blood worms is it any wonder I have algae problems :rolleyes:

Delphinus
12-07-2007, 03:07 AM
I've found that food that isn't liked, generally gets even less liked over time. I guess it gets stale maybe. Hate to say it but unless they have a change of heart you're probably going to have to chuck it at some point. I've had to throw out a few foods that I had high hopes for. I thought for sure Cyclops-eeze flakes would be a slam dunk but nope. Even bought another one thinking "this time they're sure to like it!" Nope. Both ended up filed under "G". :neutral:

michika
12-07-2007, 03:24 AM
I've had it happen before too with spirulina flakes. I ended up crushing them up and feeding them as a mix. They eat it readily when its crushed in with other foods, but never on its own. What the fish don't know, won't hurt them :D

Puff
12-07-2007, 04:11 AM
my red eye tetras eat any food i put in their tank, so they get all the "bad" food

Aquattro
12-07-2007, 04:42 AM
I mix it in the chili and feed it to the kids. Paid good money, not throwing it out.

kwirky
12-07-2007, 03:46 PM
I give it to my friends who keep african cichlids.

EmilyB
12-08-2007, 06:25 AM
For all the years I've had fish, spirulina flake is favorite. If your fish don't take it, it must have gone bad.

I've never had a fish eat krill. Aside from that, I can't think of anything right now that they haven't eaten.

banditpowdercoat
12-08-2007, 06:30 AM
I mix it in the chili and feed it to the kids. Paid good money, not throwing it out.

Mwahahahaha, remind me to decline any upcoming dinner invitations:razz:

Tangman
12-08-2007, 03:45 PM
That what I thought too !
sprinkle it on a salad ......who knows you mite be on to something ?