PDA

View Full Version : can anyone tell me what this is.....

Smells Fishy in Vancity
12-05-2007, 05:59 AM
just started my tank and been running for a week or so.... after testing the water i realized that i needed to up the pH, so i went and bought "Seachem" Marine Buffer in liquid form. about 2hrs after adding the buffer i noticed a yellow coloration on the surface of the rocks and substrate. its now the second day since it happened and some of the coloration are turning somewhat brown.... can somebody please enlighten me.....thnx

unfortunately i couldn't upload the pics... too large.

findingnemo1
12-05-2007, 06:06 AM
I wouldn't worry about it....sounds like the normal Diatom bloom....Just normal tank cycling stuff....You will see alot more beautifull shades of algae in the nest few weeks....

Oh and welcome to canreef:)

Lisa

kwirky
12-05-2007, 06:16 AM
yeah you're going to see all sorts of strange algae. some will be cool, some will be horrible... Some you will think is cool only to find out it's horrible months later. Some you will hate and later find out it's not bad... Just sit back n enjoy the ride :)

Salmon King
12-05-2007, 06:54 AM
Keep lights at few hrs. a day for now

Doug
12-05-2007, 02:37 PM
just started my tank and been running for a week or so.... after testing the water i realized that i needed to up the pH, so i went and bought "Seachem" Marine Buffer in liquid form. about 2hrs after adding the buffer i noticed a yellow coloration on the surface of the rocks and substrate. its now the second day since it happened and some of the coloration are turning somewhat brown.... can somebody please enlighten me.....thnx

unfortunately i couldn't upload the pics... too large.

Welcome to Canreef

Sounds like the guys said. I use the powdered Seachem buffer myself to boost alk. when needed.

Smells Fishy in Vancity
12-06-2007, 12:10 AM
thanks for all the help everyone!!! much apppreciated!