PDA

View Full Version : vacation for 10 days

bv_reefer
12-05-2007, 03:53 AM
I'm going on vacation for 10 days and have no idea what i'm gonna do for feedings, the corals will be ok as i have timers for my halides but i do not have an automatic fish feeder for my fish...any suggestions?? can fish go for 10 days without food?

Chin_Lee
12-05-2007, 03:59 AM
I can lend you my automatic fish feeder if you want. They aren't too expensive at JL for an Eheim at about 45 bucks. For that price, its worth the stress relief. I live in Surrey so it might just be as easy for you to go to JL's to get it since you live in Bby.

Puff
12-05-2007, 04:03 AM
if you are going to purchase an automatic feeder for sure go with the eheim. it is SOOO much better than the other ones ive had. the first ones i got fed once every 12 hours...you couldnt change it..lol. plus they were noisy!!

i got an eheim feeder last year for when i go away (i travel frequently) and it was awesome. you can program up to 8 feedings a day, and it has a fan that blows air into the food chamber so the food doesnt get wet and clump up.

definitely worth the extra money.

michika
12-05-2007, 03:11 PM
I second the eheim recommendation, it was a good little unit to me.

On a side note; what is the tang in your avatar?

TRIX
12-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Go with the eheim works great. During my move I didn't have it set up. Man what a pain in the rear. Set it and forget it.
Tip.. When your adjusting the settings do it over a plate or bowl instead of the tank. I learned this the hard way when I set mine back up. Oops about a months worth of food all at once. Doh.

DanG
12-05-2007, 04:50 PM
do you have an auto top off? 10 days is a lot of evaporation to deal with and could really mess up your parameters.

bv_reefer
12-11-2007, 06:31 AM
no i don't have an auto top-off, i don't evaporation should be too much of a problem, for the tang i have a veggie clip with a couple sheets of seaweed attached, and not sure if i have time too go get an eheim any other suggestions?.....o buy the way michika, the tang in the pic is a doctor tang, thanx again for the quick replys