PDA

View Full Version : AquaMedic Skimmers...

sharuq1
12-04-2007, 03:18 PM
I ended up with one but have no idea if these are any good (or how to make it work, lol, it is in pieces, or if I even have all the pieces). It says it is a Turboflotor 1000 multi. The pump says it is an "aquabee", AC=115, Hz=60, 38W, 2000 L/h (O_O that seems like alot....)

If it is ok I might use it on my 48g. I have no sump. There is what I believe to be a coralife skimmer on there at present. I am not sure if it is a "super" or a regular as it came with no instructions and I don't see a label.

Can anyone enlighten me as to whether they are any good? Pros? Cons? Known issues? Mods?

Snappy
12-04-2007, 03:29 PM
I ended up with one but have no idea if these are any good (or how to make it work, lol, it is in pieces). It says it is a Turboflotor 1000 multi.

Can anyone enlighten me as to whether they are any good? Pros? Cons? Known issues? Mods?
I used to have one. They work pretty well depending on your tank size. IMO that model is fine for a tank up to 55 gallons depending on your bioload.

Edmonton Eskimo
12-05-2007, 12:00 AM
I have a turboflotor multi on my 50 gal reef and I've been pretty happy with it. The gunk that comes out is very dark and nasty. It doesn't pull out a cup a day or anything crazy but to me unless you have a very large, heavily stocked tank is overskimming. I have been very happy with this skimmer. It is very easy to operate and there is no constant tweaking to get it to work. Plug it in and she skims! HTH