PDA

View Full Version : Crash

Scavenger
12-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Oh ya, December started with a bang for me. Went away overnight only to come home to a crashed tank. By the milk white opaque water I saw, I'd say something desided to spawn while I was gone. I was too late in noticing for after numerous water changes, The casualties are about 80%

Lost so far,
Hammer Coral
Frogspawn
Sun Coral
Green Bubble
Pearl Bubble
Yellow Finger Leather
2 Cleaner Shrimp
Marble Fromia Star
1 Green Chromis
Uncounted Snails

On life support:
Red Open Brain
Green Open Brain
Torch Coral.

Some crabs and snails seem ok as do the bengii and false perc. but that's about it.

Not a huge list, but considering it's a 29 gallon, not much left in there. Make's me want to throw in the towel. Can't afford to replace stuff at this point.

Thanks for letting me vent

Phanman
12-03-2007, 08:02 PM
wow that sucks... sorry to hear that man.

surgeonfish
12-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Sorry to hear your losses. Any idea what went wrong? Have you been doing repeat waterchanges?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Scavenger,

If things improve & you need help restocking, let me know. If someone comes over from the Island & is willing to bring over stuff for you, I may have some corals & frags I can spare to help you restock.

Ttyl,

Anthony

Scavenger
12-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks Anthony, that's very generous. I'm still getting things worked out here. I think the red brain is about done. No point in further polluting the water.

Surgeonfish. I'm pretty sure it was a nighttime spawn. Had a pearl bubble do it in my 110 over a year ago. The water looked the same. I didn't loose much in that incident, but unfortunately with only a 29, I guess the concentration levels where far higher and I wasn't there to deal with it in morning. I'd say I'm at about 160% water change now. Multiple 20% changes.

I did forget to note, my duncan and acan's seem to be only withdrawn at this point, no tissue loss that I can see. (fingers crossed)

PoonTang
12-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Sorry to hear about your losses. Perhaps if you host another frag meet again you'll be left with lots of leftovers? :biggrin: Wish i could help you out with a few donations but it sounds like your tank is still more stocked than mine.

christyf5
12-03-2007, 10:32 PM
Aww that sucks, and all I've got for you are fuzzy sticks. Phooey.:confused: LMK if you need anything transported from the mainland, you have 2 more weekends.