PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Spirit

Salmon King
12-03-2007, 04:05 AM
I was wondering if anybody has any extra liverock or Damsels for Canreef Member Slipstream.Wouldnt it be great if this guy had tank ended up having tank of the month.Some people snickered at his photo posting.Why dont these people help.

Borderjumper
12-03-2007, 04:28 AM
I know your heart is in the right place, but Im sure he could really use some rock, but his tank is not ready for any fish.. let alone more damsels. I just replied to him on another site concerning the ich outbreak he is having. We need to help him cycle that tank and get it healthy so fish can be introduced later. Cheers Shelley

niloc16
12-03-2007, 04:38 AM
i agree shelley:wink:

Salmon King
12-03-2007, 06:12 AM
The good hearted reefers of Victoria are already chipping in to help Slipstream.Way to go.All donations are being taken at Safari Pets for people in Victoria donating

Slipstream
12-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Thanx salmon, and thanx shelley for posting my problems on here for me.. Guess i dont have to do it anymore.

Aquattro
12-03-2007, 03:29 PM
and thanx shelley for posting my problems on here for me.. Guess i dont have to do it anymore.

Time out

Snappy
12-03-2007, 07:41 PM
I am sure I had my fair share of chuckles thrown my way when I started. It is a big transition going from FW to having a SW mentality. What this guy really needs is good advise (without hurt feelings) and some time to implement it. I always knew plastic plants don't belong in a SW aquarium but I just didn't like the way it looked so bare. I needed to see what other tanks looked like before I really got the message. If you want a good laugh here's a shot of my tank when I started. Complete with plastic plants, fake backdrop and plenty of cyano which at the time I thought was pretty neat.:redface: :lol: :redface: :lol: :redface:
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h210/Trainer02/SnappyfishtankDec04.jpg

fishoholic
12-03-2007, 09:28 PM
I wanted fake corals when I 1st started so the tank wouldn't look bare, but knowing what I know now, I'm glad my boyfriend didn't let me.

Salmon King
12-04-2007, 10:26 AM
I wish I had a picture of my first tank,It was fish only with 50 plastic plants.You couldnt get liverock when I started.When live rock came out I used to look at those people paying all that money for a chunk of rock and think how stupid they were.A friend of mine has a 3000 gal fish only with dried coral .It is awesome. How soon we forget so dont be so harsh on new people.You use to be one.It took guts for you people to post pictures with plastic plants in there tanks.I have seen very knowledgable reef people with good intensions talk to people thinking of starting a tank.They scare them to the point that they say i cant start a tank.I go up to those people after and say its not that hard you can do it.These people come up and thank me after.

Jeff_
12-04-2007, 11:26 PM
i like the look of that tank snappy, to be honest i find it rather clean and nice looking. :razz:

Van-rookie
12-05-2007, 01:51 AM
in relation with Christmas Spirit....

anyone willing to "donate" their sps to me, so that I can try to grow some in my tank ??:mrgreen: :mrgreen: