PDA

View Full Version : Fish Lifespan Polls Forum

Chin_Lee
12-02-2007, 04:09 PM
As a result of this thread, http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35326, a Fish Lifespan Poll forum has been created in the “OTHER” section. If all goes well, this new forum will be made visible to everybody sometime around Monday December 3rd. Within this forum, there are subforums for the different species of fish.

Please note that these polls do not take into account any variables; its only purpose is for hobbyist to have a “general” idea of what is the average life span of these fishes under captivity and in a closed-system environment - nothing more.

The livestock available in this market is determined by hobbyist like us. I am hoping this poll will give us an insight on what to get for our next livestock purchase and in doing so, we will stray away from the short-lived species. This will create a low demand and influencing the LFS not to sell them and the collectors not to catch them.

I am also hoping to learn something (perhaps a secret) from somebody who is able to keep a “short-lived” species alive for an extended period of time.

This poll does not get updated therefore it will only represent information at time you submit your polls - not the best method of gathering data but its our only option in a forum format. Regardless I urge everybody to participate and be honest because the numbers will be very interesting. Unfortunately I think we will be unpleasantly surprised once the mortality number starts adding up.

Thank you to Tony (Delphinus) for the time and patience he has put into making this work for us - I think he's about to ban me from this board for all the nagging and requests I've imposed on him :lol:

Enjoy and feedback will be appreciated.

mark
12-04-2007, 01:40 PM
On the polls do you want comments only if the fish has died or are other comment okay if the fish is living such as behavior?

BC564
12-04-2007, 02:50 PM
So when might this poll be starting up....I'm very interested in this.

Der_Iron_Chef
12-04-2007, 02:54 PM
It's already up: http://canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=92

Doug
12-04-2007, 03:04 PM
Great job Chin. I know you put a lot of your time into this.
Thanks