PDA

View Full Version : New Tank Options...Help Me Decide

jgoldsney
01-28-2003, 05:57 PM
I currently have a 90 gal reef tank that I am working on upgrading to something bigger (what othere way is there to go :)) The 90 is built in to a wall in my basement and has its own fish room to hide my junk :p

I was going to be installing a 180 gal that I have sitting in my garage right now, the one hold up that I have with the 180 is that I have to take it in to get it drilled.

What has thrown a wrinkle in to things is that i have started considering moving and building a new house. My tank options are as follows

1) Stay with the 90 and then wait to see if I do build, save may $$ then build a realy big tank in to my new house (250 - 300 gal)

2) install the 180 and have it built in to the wall in place of the 90 this woudl require building a new stand (not a huge deal) and would take up quite a bit of room in my fish room.

3) Install the 180 instead of the 90 but use the stand that I have with it and have it sit in front of the wall that the 90 gal is currently in. This has the advantage of freeing up room in my fish room for a propigation tank
(this will take up a little more room in my family room but make access to the tank easier)

Well what do you think?
(keeping both is not an option) :D
Joel

StirCrazy
01-28-2003, 06:04 PM
I like the sound on the last option, are you sure you can't use the 90 for a sump :wink:

Steve