PDA

View Full Version : LF-Macro Algae!

GreenSpottedPuffer
11-30-2007, 04:37 PM
Im looking for pretty much any and every kind of macro algae available. Looking for some more for my display as well as refugium. Thanks!:mrgreen:

Diana
11-30-2007, 04:47 PM
I have tons, I can give you small frags of them. The only thing is I have planaria, so you would need to freshwater dip it. I did it for Anthony and it pretty much instantly nuked them.

I have:

cheato, caulerpa prolifera, 2 types of suction cup caulerpa, red halimena (thanks Anthony), and red grape something.

Feel free to PM and stop by, we are located in North Vancouver.
:)
-Diana

GreenSpottedPuffer
11-30-2007, 05:08 PM
Thanks! I will PM you.

tang daddy
11-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Hey Diana in a week could I stop by for some too?

Chad
11-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Not to hijack.. but does anyone in the lower mainland still have a crop of the Tang Heaven we brought in ages ago?

That would be a nice addition to your refugium.. :D plus I would love some!! lol..

skylord
11-30-2007, 09:35 PM
I dont think any of us keep it alive for very long. Last I heard none has survived.

Scott

Chad
11-30-2007, 10:07 PM
I had a bunch for the longest time, but I neglected it, and it just melted away. Too bad.. maybe we should bring in more.

GreenSpottedPuffer
11-30-2007, 10:42 PM
Are planaria really a big deal anyways unless they are out of control? I actually didnt realize they are found in saltwater aquariums. I thought they were just a freshwater flatworm. I know my damsel usually cleans out any flatworms I find in my tank but I will freshwater dip them anyways if I grab some macro off of you. Thanks for offering.

Oh and BTW, whats Tang heaven? Green Gracilaria?

tang daddy
12-01-2007, 12:18 AM
red planaria aren't a big deal but I noticed where they were the coraline algae turned white maybe this was just my observation gsp I would not take any into your tank because if they feed they can reproduce fairly fast and before you know you'll have lots ultimately if this happens not to worry fwe works well for ridding it but still a pain in the A if you know what I mean.

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-01-2007, 12:46 AM
red planaria aren't a big deal but I noticed where they were the coraline algae turned white maybe this was just my observation gsp I would not take any into your tank because if they feed they can reproduce fairly fast and before you know you'll have lots ultimately if this happens not to worry fwe works well for ridding it but still a pain in the A if you know what I mean.

Yeah that makes sense. If I do end up getting some of this macro, I will fresh water dip it for sure!

Diana
12-01-2007, 03:13 AM
I'm gonna replace the yeast in my CO2, then in a couple weeks I should have lots more, and yes tang daddy your welcome to some clippings as well.

:D
Yeah planaria aren't a big deal unless they get out of control. I just let them cus they are in my seahorse tank. Freshwater dipping the macro seems to work well.

:)
-Diana