PDA

View Full Version : Ah, the old days

Aquattro
11-30-2007, 04:46 AM
Just going through some of my archived pics and found one of my old 150g. Since none of my old images are online anymore, thought I'd post what my new tank will aspire to be.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/reef_raf/fulljune.jpg

jasond
11-30-2007, 04:48 AM
Wow, very nice! How long did you have that tank running?

Aquattro
11-30-2007, 04:51 AM
Wow, very nice! How long did you have that tank running?

That was taken about 2 years into it. I ran that one about 3 or 4 years.

Der_Iron_Chef
11-30-2007, 04:58 AM
Very nice! Question: did those colonies start as colonies mostly, or grow into colonies in those two years?

Chaloupa
11-30-2007, 05:41 AM
that's beautiful!!!

Jason McK
11-30-2007, 05:49 AM
Oh and when I saw that birds nest at OA I almost cryed.

The Flownest I meen

J

Doug
11-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Hey, I remember that beaut. That always was a great looking aquarium Brad. When I look at that purple cap,, way up there and assume it was under the 400w Radiums you ran, I wonder how mine gets enough light 18in. under my T-5,s. Did that not shade the other corals?

Aquattro
11-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Very nice! Question: did those colonies start as colonies mostly, or grow into colonies in those two years?

Drew, all of these started as frags, but many came from my old tank, so they're older than 2 years. I did have really stupid growth on most of my corals though, to the point where I had to throw frags away.

Aquattro
11-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Oh and when I saw that birds nest at OA I almost cryed.

The Flownest I meen

J

Ya, we had to break that up to get it in a 5g bucket! :)

Aquattro
11-30-2007, 02:23 PM
Did that not shade the other corals?

Ya, it did, but the funny thing with that colony was each time it got too big, it grew a small disc in the center. I snapped it out, fragged the rest of the colony, and set the new disc to take over. I did this three times with the thing!
You remember the picnic table shot though, right? Shading was such an issue that I had to trim monthly.

I want to mention too, that this tank got tested for Ca and Alk once a month. No other testing or additives were used. No zeovit, no added magnesium, no pH, etc. Water changes, Ca reactor and kalk topoff only.

Doug
11-30-2007, 02:57 PM
I want to mention too, that this tank got tested for Ca and Alk once a month. No other testing or additives were used. No zeovit, no added magnesium, no pH, etc. Water changes, Ca reactor and kalk topoff only.

:mrgreen: