PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Sink Faucet Adaptor

Canadian
11-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Anyone know where in Vancouver I could find a kitchen sink faucet adaptor to hook up an RO/DI unit?

I've looked at Home Deopt, Rona, and Andrew Sherets (didn't actually expect Sherets to have one but I was there getting my membrane and cartridges so I asked).

Something like this:

http://www.aquariumwaterfilters.com/components/com_phpshop/shop_image/product/4791738b9f785f5a33f6cfc4345ed00b.jpg

Aquattro
11-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Andrew, now that you mention it, I've never seen these in stores. I got mine with my RO unit. There is a water fittings supply place in Van, Eau Canada or something like that, I used to order John Guest fittings from them.

Kalifornia
11-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Andrew
JL Aquatics has those

Canadian
11-25-2007, 04:16 PM
Kalifornia,

J&L has them?! WHAT?!!! I was just there yesterday and didn't even think to look. Ahhhhhh - I guess it'll be another 60 minute round trip back to Burnaby today because I'm too impatient to wait until tomorrow when I go to the clinic.

Brad,

I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your presence here at Canreef. Having been away for a few years and being able to come back and see some familiar, experienced, and successful people still around is comforting because I know I can receive great responses that are on point and locally applicable.

Canadian
11-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Yup, just looked at J&L's site and they carry them (and they're not backordered) - &%@#!

Aquattro
11-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Brad,

I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your presence here at Canreef. Having been away for a few years and being able to come back and see some familiar, experienced, and successful people still around is comforting because I know I can receive great responses that are on point and locally applicable.

Andrew, it's good to see you coming back too. Can we assume by the aquisitions you're making that a tank is in progress? :)

LeeR
11-25-2007, 04:47 PM
home depot i can get a picture if you want

Canadian
11-25-2007, 04:53 PM
Yeah Brad, I've pretty much got everything I need - just need to set it up.

It's an Elos-like nano that I mostly DIY'd (with the exception of the glass tank which was made by Seastar): Custom rimless, braceless 24 x 24 x 18 tank with a false wall (no sump) that's SPS dedicated. I have my Giesemann 230 Plus (150W HQI + 2x24W T5), Tunze Nano DOC skimmer, 2x6025 NanoStreams (modded to increase flow of each to ~ 1200GPH), JBJ ATO, etc. I plan on automating 2 part dosing but for the time being I'll do it manually (after I cook the LR) and get a Litermeter (or try to get a couple IV pumps from the hospital) after Christmas (I'm at the clinic until 7:00pm so things need to be automated). The return from the false wall is a MJ 900 plumbed into a modded Hydor Flo rotating return.

The first tank made by Seastar had some sketchy joints so they rebuilt the tank with 3/8" glass instead of the 1/4" they originally used. I've had to pull the false wall I built out of the old tank and I'm cutting it down today to fit in the new tank. Hope to have it siliconed in by the end of the day.

I wanted to go BB but the woman wouldn't allow it :) So I'm opting for a shallow sand bed that's shallow enough that should I come home one day and accidentally siphon it all out it won't be a problem ;)

Any suggestions on salt brand? In my absense I see that IO and Kent have had their own issues. I was leaning towards Kent but the bad batch scare has me concerned. I also have some AZ-NO3 that was a free gift with my pendant so I might give it a try (I may resort to Vodka dosing). I've heard mixed reviews of the product though.

This was the tank that was built with 1/4" glass. The new one is pretty much the same and the false wall will be going back in.

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/medium/Left_View.jpg

Aquattro
11-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Andrew, I'm doing the same sand bed thing. Just enough that there appears to be sand. For salt, I'm using Kent, 1, because I have a full bucket, and 2, because I like the [Ca] over IO. The bad batch thing can happen to anyone, and a cursory test for alk for the first use of a new bucket will tell you if it's bad or not. I've used both kent and IO for 10 years now, I'm confident enough in the product to keep using it.
Sounds like you're going to have a nice little setup there. I've also got most of my stuff now, rock should be coming in this week. I'm hoping by the end of the year, I have a full setup!

Samw
11-25-2007, 06:55 PM
I bought one that I don't plan to use. I've installed it for testing once but never used it after that. I ended up going with the hose connector. $7 if you want it.

Canadian
11-25-2007, 08:15 PM
Sam do you work in Yaletown as well as live there? I work in Burnaby but live in Kerrisdale and I won't be finished work until 7:00pm tomorrow but I'd be interested in buying it if we can find a place and time to meet that's convenient for you.

Samw
11-25-2007, 08:22 PM
PM'ed you.