PDA

View Full Version : Pink dots on the glass

JPeach
11-22-2007, 05:45 PM
All,

I have a 14 Gal Nano, I love it, but resently pink dots that I guess are calcium deposts have started showing up on the glass of the aquarium. They don't scrub off is there anything I can use to get them off ? Live or Product?

( sorry the picture quality is bad I had a hard time shrinking the picture enough to upload it)

guysmiley
11-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Looks like coraline algae. That's actually a good sign. You'll need to scrape it off with a razor blade or something. There are several commercial scrapers designed for such a purpose.

Here's a link to the one I use but I use it with the metal blade.

http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/details/cleaning.php?product_ID=mc-prosc02

Garrick.

CLINT
11-22-2007, 05:52 PM
eaisest way is to get yourself a scraper.only take 2 secs to clean it up.Clint

howdy20012002
11-22-2007, 06:05 PM
I know you weren't asking about it, but watch the flame angel.
unfortunately your tank is a bit small for a dwarf angel IMO and it may start getting aggressive towards the other fish as it gets bigger.
I have one in a 29 gallon and it gets a bit aggressive towards the other tankmates at times.
hopefully it will be fine for ya.
Neal

Der_Iron_Chef
11-22-2007, 06:17 PM
Yeah, you should definitely give me that Flame Angel :D

As far as the Coraline Algae, I would stay on top of its removal if you don't like the looks. Easy to maintain once every few days/week, but it gets harder to remove the more encrusted it becomes....at least in my experience.

mark
11-22-2007, 07:08 PM
here's (http://216.187.96.54/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23798&highlight=scraper) the answer and link within

JPeach
11-23-2007, 07:22 PM
I bought the flame angle with out doing the research first ( I know, I know )
He fits in really well at the moment. No agressive behavior he just hangs out.

This tank is in my office at work and it is my greatest stress relief since I set it up.

Mark- thanks I will order one today!!