PDA

View Full Version : check it out

Acro
01-27-2003, 02:08 AM
I thought this was kinda cool. Managed to take some shots of one of my crabs releasing larvae into the water column a couple weeks ago. I thought it was really awesome. I posted it on rc but not much of a responce. Perhaps I'm different?? Anyone else think it's neat? :?
Oh well here it is anyways. :)
http://members.shaw.ca/jcross2/jcross2/new_page_1.htm

Aquattro
01-27-2003, 02:17 AM
Jamie, that's really cool. I'm surprised you didn't get a good response! Those aren't the kind of pics you see everyday!

StirCrazy
01-27-2003, 02:18 AM
Cool, what kinda crab is that?

Steve

Acro
01-27-2003, 02:24 AM
Hey, I already know you two are different. hehe j/k :lol:
Steve, to be honest I don't know anything about crabs, other than shampoo will get rid of one kind. haha I should post a better pic in shimek's forum. I'm sure he'd know. Is Sunday one of the no post days in that forum?

christyf5
01-27-2003, 02:31 AM
Wow thats awesome Jamie. When I first brought home a bunch of emerald crabs from J&L I had one release its larvae. Absolutely fascinating. I didn't have a camera handy though. Unfortunately I haven't seen any do that since. I've seen 3 of my crabs undersides and they're all females. I think the next time I go to J&L I'll see if I can get some males for them to have fun with :wink:

Christy :)

Mak
01-27-2003, 03:12 AM
Is Sunday one of the no post days in that forum?

Yeah I believe weekends are off limits and if you post you get knocked to the bottom of something like that :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Cool pics BTW :!:

BC_Grl
01-27-2003, 03:29 AM
Jamie, that is simply awesome. I would count myself lucky to see such a sight.

MitchM
01-27-2003, 03:29 AM
Good job! How did you know that the crab was about to release?
Good thing you were there with your camera!

Mitch

AJ_77
01-27-2003, 03:35 AM
Yeah, how DID you know? :?
Very cool pics though! Is the crab a single Mom?

Acro
01-27-2003, 04:14 AM
Right on I always new Canadians were way cooler. Good to see some others thought it was neat as well. To be honest It was simply by chance. I've become a camera junkie and first thought was to run and grab it. Nope no single moms here she's married.